This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wind Waker

GeoGeo
edited March 2008 in Video Games
What is your opinion on The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker? If you think it is great, explain why you feel that way. If you don't like it, give reasons for your dislike of the game.

If you were to ask me that question, I'd say that it REALLY shines among the other Zelda games and that (next to Super Smash Bros. Melee and Resident Evil 4) it is one of the best games to own for the Gamecube.

Comments

• It's a really great game, however it has its problems. Obviously the game needs a lot less boating. The whole fishing for triforce pieces was really bad. Even Miyamoto has said he regrets having the fishing for triforce pieces. For me, Zelda games are all about dungeons. Wind Waker had some fantastic dungeons, but it didn't have enough dungeons. I expect at least 12 dungeons in my Zelda games. Any less is unthinkable. They better be big dungeons too. The bigger, the better.
  • I loved Wind Waker mostly for it's style. The game was great to play, don't get me wrong, but it looked amazing.
    ...but it didn't have enough dungeons. I expect at least 12 dungeons in my Zelda games. Any less is unthinkable. They better be big dungeons too. The bigger, the better.
    This is why I think Link to the Past was the best Zelda game, the amount of dungeons in that game was amazing.
  • It's a really great game, however it has its problems. Obviously the game needs a lot less boating. The whole fishing for triforce pieces was really bad. Even Miyamoto has said he regrets having the fishing for triforce pieces. For me, Zelda games are all about dungeons. Wind Waker had some fantastic dungeons, but it didn't have enough dungeons. I expect at least 12 dungeons in my Zelda games. Any less is unthinkable. They better be big dungeons too. The bigger, the better.
    I agree that the lack of dungeons was both disappointing and irritating and the the Triforce Search was something that I hated that to no end. But, other than those small gripes it was a fantastic game and I am so glad I made the right choice in buying it. It is my 3rd Favorite Zelda game next to Ocarina and Link to the Past.

One last thing though, while the dungeons are the heart and soul of the game, I think you are forgetting that the items and weapons are also on the same page as the dungeons 'cause each game has for the most part new items and weapons in every game.
  • I loved Wind Waker mostly for it's style. The game was great to play, don't get me wrong, but it looked amazing.
    ...but it didn't have enough dungeons. I expect at least 12 dungeons in my Zelda games. Any less is unthinkable. They better be big dungeons too. The bigger, the better.
    This is why I think Link to the Past was the best Zelda game, the amount of dungeons in that game was amazing.
    I second that comment!
  • I originally hated the game when I first saw info and images of it, but once I actually played it it took me like 5 minutes on the demo to fall in love with it. It is a really great game. The boating is nice at the start, but does become painfully long and annoying after a while. It was a great re-imagining of Zelda (which all of them are... re-imagining, not great,) especially how they really went out on a limb with the whole seafaring world.

Also I would say that Link's Awakening was the best Zelda game.
  • Also I would say that Link's Awakening was the best Zelda game.
    Seconded! I think you're the first person other than me that I've heard say that.
  • I disliked this game big time and I haven't enjoyed a Zelda game since Link to the Past. My all time favorite game is Zelda II.
  • edited March 2008
    I loved this Zelda game, because it really felt like another Ocarina of time, but in a different style of course.

I never really enjoyed the old Zelda games, and I didn't really get into them until OoT came out, but it was the one of the best games I had ever played. I still feel the same way to this day.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I loved this Zelda game, because it really felt like another Ocarina of time, but in a different style of course.

I never really enjoyed the old Zelda games, and I didn't really get into them until OoT came out, but it was the one of the best games I had ever played. I still feel the same way to this day.
    I feel the exact same way my good friend.