This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Computer component brands

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
Simple question: Do brands make any significant difference or should I just be looking at component statistics? If brands make a difference, how much and which ones should I choose?
Also, who makes the quietest hard drives?

Comments

• edited March 2008
    I do not think brands make a difference, as a common rule. Stick to the math. That does not mean that you should cancel out the significance of brands or companies. There may be companies which just make shmuck products. Thus, you would avoid purchase of these products. In a case like that, the brand matters.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • Do brands make any significant difference
    Yup.

In price.
  • Yes.

You know that when you buy something from Apple, you know that the quality of that product is good. You know that when you buy something from apple you know that the customer service is there and that apple care is there to help you when problems come. Apple products are made to last. Unlike other products, not as much.

As for hard drives, probably a Seagate with a bunch of rubber gaskets. It also has to do with your computer case. Like the PC box that I have, was built for being literally silent.