This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Band Room Doors

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
I was just listening to the Untitled Episode of Geeknights, and there is mention of the "broken band room door." I realized that this phenomenon occurs at my school as well, and was wondering who else has experienced it?

We have one door in the band room (and, to my knowledge, this occurs nowhere else in the school) that cannot lock, and was the cause for a string of thefts at the start of the school year. What are other people's experiences with this? Do/did you have special ways to get into your schools? (Perhaps maybe a show on secret ways of getting past gates/barriers might be in order?)

Comments

• I wish my school had a band room... ^^
  • The band room at my high school also had a broken door for a number of years. I believe it ended up getting fixed in my senior year. You had to move it just right to get in, but it made a lot of noise. There wasn't more theft as far as I know, help out probably by the fact that the instruments were kept in large lockers.
  • We had one till my senior year when they put in security cameras. That was the way many went in and out of school during school hours and was our little made up open door policy. Until someone stupid found out and got caught we used it a lot to eat outside during lunch and had people make runs to a local pizza place down the road.
  • The band doors are usually the worst because you have to move instruments and other larges objects in and out of the room.
  • Our band room also has a door such as the ones above. This is a strange coincidence.
  • My old band room door could be opened by that old credit card trick you see in movies. It was great, for I was more or less the behind the scenes guy of my high school and when I needed access to rooms I could get it through less then legal means... Meh whats one or two key duplications anyway. ^_^

Though one time the principal saw me in the room and I used the excuse "It was unlocked and I needed a camera." I doubt he bought it, but I couldn't care less I was one of those "Good kids". He couldn't get me in trouble if he wanted to, the theater, news show, and plays would not be lit. Yay exploitation of power.
  • The band room doors worked great for what I needed them for. To be locked while I do "band activities" with a partner. XD