This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Jericho

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
Who is watching this show? I've been torrenting second season (hates watching TV and commercials) and the latest episode made me scream fuck yeah so much! Just...AHHHH!

Fangirling aside, this series is pretty incredible with the action, sub plots, characters, some love junk, government secrets, political scandals and corruptness and explosions! Boooom! Basically it's a show first dealing with the fact that 25 cities are destroyed in the US and the town, Jericho's problems. Then with a small war between towns and then in second season with the new order of govt. and an old enemy in power. Ah!

Yeah...I just couldn't put my fangirling aside. So, who's watching besides me.

Comments

• I am. The show is fantastic. I torrent it as well [I torrent every TV show I watch, actually]. I honestly believe that Robert Hawkins is more bad ass then Jack Bauer, given the circumstances. Every time he snaps someones neck . . . The show manages to be intelligent and visceral at the same time. It's very unique in that way.
  • I watched all of the first season and really liked it, I didn't know the 2nd season was out already, I guess I'll start downloading.

I like the procedural stuff, how a little town becomes self-sufficient, setting up security, figuring out leadership and all that. And the war with that other town, that was pure gold.
  • Yeah...I just couldn't put my fangirling aside. So, who's watching besides me.
    I am also a sucker for post nuke shows. I never considered this a great show, kind of my junk food of television, but I always watched it faithfully.

I also participated in the "Nuts (45,000# of them in total) to CBS" that got them to make the extra half season we got this year. I was happy to see it on the Sci-Fi channel as well.

Too bad it will only make it 1.5 seasons. I don't think more nuts will save Jericho this time.
  • edited March 2008

Too bad it will only make it 1.5 seasons. I don't think more nuts will save Jericho this time.
    I know. As long as it gets a hella good ending I wouldn't mind.

Like I always say, better a series full of epic win than a million episodes of bullshit.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • There are two possible endings to this season. One of them wraps stuff up pretty well, and the other leaves things open for more seasons. The producers have said as much, anyway.
  • Well, after watching it, I feel assured that there will be plenty of hair products after the apocalypse.

Did the town charter of Jericho forbid entry to any average-looking people or was it something in the water that made everyone so impossibly beautiful?
  • Stanley, Eric, Heather, Dale, Darcy, Ali, Jimmy, Beck, Goetz, Jonah, Mitch, Russell, half of New Bern and that Chandler looking cop all look average to ugly to me. What are you talking about?
  • Ya, the only really pretty one is the blond whose name I forget [I'm horrible with names]. Jake's old girlfriend . . . you know who I'm talking about . . .
  • Do you really see people in real life that are that pretty? Maybe I just live in an ugly part of town.
  • All the people I named aren't that pretty at all or are just ew. Then again this is the perspective of a woman who thinks blond tan anorexic Paris Hilton girls and muscular short haired preppy guys are disgusting too.
  • Do you really see people in real life that are that pretty? Maybe I just live in an ugly part of town.
    I live in NYC. A day doesn't go by that I don't walk past someone gorgeous.
    I live in NYC. A day doesn't go by that I don't walk past someone gorgeous.
    A mile out of DC is a shithole called District Heights....it's the complete opposite of that.
  • Atlanta has a disproportionate number of hotties here. Note: Not the rest of Georgia. Just Atlanta and maybe Athens (where the university [sic] of georgia is...hawt but stupid).
  • Jericho marathon on Sci Fi right now. YES!