This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Civilization Revolution

edited March 2008 in Video Games
The game is coming

I haven't played a Civ game since Civ 3. Even then, I didn't play it much. Civ2 was the only Civ game I ever played a lot. However, this Revolutions has actually sparked a tiny bit of hope in me, mostly for the DS version.

Anyone else?

Comments

• This game brings me hope and frightens me at the same time. Civ is the only game I have played that I actually became addicted too. I wasted too many hours telling myself, "I'll just play for one more turn," only to find 8, 10 or 16 hours had gone by.
  • I played the original Civ and Civ 4. Civ 4 seems to me to be the definitive version right now. I will definitely be picking up either the DS or 360 version
  • edited March 2008
    I would absolutely love a DS version of Civ, but I don't think Revolution will be it. Idk, maybe I'm just cynical from the DS Age of Empires game, but to me, these shots say "rushed port that doesn't match the PC games and has some very obvious problems."

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/sidmeierscivilizationrevolution/index.html

As for the console versions, I don't understand the need, but I'll probably try it out.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • I'm just cynical from the DS Age of Empires game, but to me, these shots say "rushed port that doesn't match the PC games and has some very obvious problems."
    Supposedly the DS version will be exactly the same as the 360 and PS3 versions except for the graphics and sound. People who have played the preview version of the game say that it has the best multiplayer of any Civ game.
  • edited March 2008
    the best multiplayer of any Civ game.
    Best multiplayer on the DS? I don't know how Nintendo could pull off that one.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • the best multiplayer of any Civ game.
    Best multiplayer on the DS? I don't know how Nintendo could pull of that one.
    We're not talking about the useless wifi. We're talking about the awesome local wireless.
  • We'll see. I just hope they don't screw it up, seeing how the original was one of the first big games that got me into gaming.
  • iPhone version is free for today. It'll be rising upwards in the top 25 free games section.
  • iPhone version is free for today. It'll be rising upwards in the top 25 free games section.
    Getting it. I already have it for DS, though.