This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ThinkPad X300

edited March 2008 in Technology
I declare the Lenovo ThinkPad X300 to be the new laptop of the gods. It comes with a 64GB flash drive, and there is no other option.

Comments

• But will it fit in a manila envelope?
  • But will it fit in a manila envelope?
    Sure, why not? Open the envelope, shove it in, close the envelope.

Also, I do not like the design, what little there is.
  • Also, I do not like the design, what little there is.
    What do you want? A laptop should be functional and small. Anything extra just gets in the way or adds weight. ;^)
  • Neat! I wonder how hot these things get.
  • What do you want? A laptop should be functional and small. Anything extra just gets in the way or adds weight. ;^)
    Curves instead of 90 degree edges. Nothing crazy that gets in the way or adds weight, just some curves instead of edges. Does a lot.
  • Curves instead of 90 degree edges.
    Edges are more efficient space-wise. Curves make things less stackable, and increase manufacturing costs.
  • I've actually been thinking of buying the Ideabook Y510. With the money you spend on the Thinkpad, you can buy 3 Ideapads.
  • I've actually been thinking of buying theIdeabook Y510.With the money you spend on the Thinkpad, you can buy 3 Ideapads.
    There's a reason for that.
  • A laptop should be functional and small. Anything extra just gets in the way or adds weight. ;^)
    Then just get a PDA and a fold out bluetooth keyboard.
  • edited March 2008
    I just bought a new laptop. Actually, Mrs. Thaed and I got his and her laptops. We went to Microcenter and looked at all the different types. You might be surprised that we bought two Toshibas. So far, we're both pretty happy. We didn't get them from Microcenter though, we got them from Amazon.
    Post edited by Thaed on
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah, this is Lenovo just giving Apple the finger. I love it.
    But will it fit in a manila envelope?
    Thinkpad air
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Electro-bulimia.
    Awesome. Here's another parody:
    Edges are more efficient space-wise. Curves make things less stackable, and increase manufacturing costs.
    True, but I'm talking details here for design. Small curves, make it look more smooth. Square blocks are far from trendy these days. See the macbook air, it looks awesome, but indeed overkills on the smoothing and curves. And besides, a bit more air inside the machine at the edges isn't that bad.
  • True, but I'm talking details here for design. Small curves, make it look more smooth. Square blocks are far from trendy these days. See the macbook air, it looks awesome, but indeed overkills on the smoothing and curves. And besides, a bit more air inside the machine at the edges isn't that bad.
    Alright, you get your piece of shit laptop that looks fancy. I'll get my laptop that is actually functional and improves my life, but it is ugly as hell.
  • Laptop looks awesome.
  • True, but I'm talking details here for design. Small curves, make it look more smooth. Square blocks are far from trendy these days. See the macbook air, it looks awesome, but indeed overkills on the smoothing and curves. And besides, a bit more air inside the machine at the edges isn't that bad.
    Alright, you get your piece of shit laptop that looks fancy. I'll get my laptop that is actually functional and improves my life, but it is ugly as hell.
    Substance over style. A good way to go when it comes to some things.
  • Alright, you get your piece of shit laptop that looks fancy. I'll get my laptop that is actually functional and improves my life, but it is ugly as hell.
    Who says a fancy looking laptop isn't functional?
  • edited March 2008
    I think he was making a general point. You don't buy something because it looks pretty, although this may be a plus. You buy something that will do the work you need it to do.
    Post edited by Zeehat on