This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Favorite soda

GeoGeo
edited March 2008 in Everything Else
What is your favorite brand of soda and why do you like it. If you don't have an absolute favorite, then name your top 3. Personally, I think Vanilla Coke (or Coke Vanilla as it's called now) is one of the best sodas I've ever imbibed in my life. The sweet vanilla flavor coupled with coca-cola really is enjoying to taste. I cannot tell you how sad I was Vanilla Coke was off the market for a little while, but I was really happy when it came back.

Comments

• 100% fruit juices.
  • Gawd, Scott & Andrew, you suck - that's not pop, that's other drinks!

I lurves on the coke. =3 It used to be root beer but it's too sweet now. *wiggles*
  • Dr Pepper, cola, and root beer. Any other soda is a heathen drink.
  • Vernors for the win! I don't know why but I can't get enough of the stuff. I bet Rym knows what I am talking about, being a former Michigander himself.
  • Dr. Pepper or Barq's.
  • I'll take Sprite when I can.
  • I like Scotch-flavored soda. :)

Mexican Coke is also good, as is ginger beer that's spicy because of a high ginger content rather than because they've stretched it with capsaicin.
  • Dr. Pepper, Mexican Coke, Jones Cream Soda
  • Loved Pepsi Blue back when it existed. I loved Surge when that existed. I loved SprIte Remix when it existed. ALL MY FAVORITE SODAS ARE GONE!

Well there's Dr Pepper but everything else I named was much better.

Jones soda is the hot shit though.
  • Warren Buffet approved Cherry Coke or quite frequently I'm jonesin for a Jones Cream Soda.
  • Does Vodka and Red Bull count?
  • None. Propel or water.
  • My favorite drink is Ramune, but since I can't get that in restaurants in the states, I'll settle for a diet coke, or cherry coke is even better. I'll have a java monster once and a rare while. The Russian java monster has a flavor that kinda trips me out. :-)
  • edited March 2008
    Xenoc, what are your favorite ramune flavors? Out of all the flavors I've had (pineapple, original, bubblegum?, melon, and strawberry), they were all extremely shitty except for pineapple, which still wasn't that great.

Anyways....I'm mostly a water (and OJ at breakfast) kinda guy. When I do drink pop, it's gotta be lemon-lime. I like just about every kind of lemon lime pop. Mountain Dew is by far my favorite, but the rest are still all good.
    Brown pop is all shit, IMO. I've never liked it (that includes dr. pepper, root beer, coke, pepsi, etc).

Oh, orange soda is pretty good, too. I don't like all fruit flavored soda, though....grape soda=nasty.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • edited March 2008
    I'm also a non-carbonation person, when I can help it. I'm with Scott - the fizziness doesn't hurt, but I don't like how it feels. ^^;; Normally my drinks of choice are water and milk, and my favourite juices are orange and other citrus-y things. If I absolutely have to drink things with carbonation, I usually get either orange soda, 7UP, or Sprite.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • If we're talking carbonated drinks, it's Red-Eye, the first energy drink I ever had, long before the current energy drink craze. But if it's drinks in general, water is the clear winner.
  • I drink Diet Coke or Mountain Dew at meals and water the rest of the day.
  • Cherryade or Pepsi Max are good but the red Pepsi X is quite the win.
  • Seltzer and juice.
  • I like the Izze sodas with fruit juice, and also Goya Ginger Beer which is super spicy. Any of the Mexican-made sodas you can get at the Latino Grocery store, like gauva flavor or coconut. Other than that, I am not a big soda person. Like Rym, seltzer and juice is my drink of choice.

(Also, as far as soft drinks are concerned I love those Aloe Juice drinks I get at the deli. They are basically soda without the fizz and with bits of Aloe Vera floating around.)
  • Soda? Bleh.
    Bolthouse Farms? YES!
  • I don't drink soda too much, but when I do I go for Sprite/Sierra Mist, Dr. Pepper, or grape or orange soda.
  • The soda I drink the most often is Dr. Pepper, but my absolute favorite would have to be Virgil's Root Beer. Normal root beer seems pale and weak in the face of Virgil's. Rich and creamy FTW.
  • Caffine-free diet cherry chocolate Dr. Pepper.
  • I'm a fan of Dr. Pepper and GOOD Root Beer, but nothing beats a good 'ol Shirley Temple.
  • edited March 2008
    ...nothing beats a good 'ol Shirley Temple.
    Oh the Shirley Temple, I enjoy mine with ginger ale (even though I actually hate ginger ale) rather than a lemon-lime soda.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • We produce tons of fruit and coffee down here, so there is no real need for sodas, I can say I dislike Dr.Pepper and most other sodas out there, they are all too sweet and the light or "sugar free" have a nasty splenda taste to them.

For me its got to be brewed Iced Tea followed by juice (blackberry, starfruit, cas, or tamarind most of the time)
  • My favourite soda would have to be Root Beer, though Ice water is my prefered beverage.
  • Dr. Pepper is my favorite of the available sodas, but I loved a bunch of the ones that didn't last, like Dr. Pepper Red, Pepsi Blue, and Pepsi Holiday Spice...