This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I got a problem

I've got this problem, whenever I play first person view games like HALO, FEAR, DOOM etc, I end up with motion sickness. Is there any way around this, as I enjoy these games, but not the after effects. I guess not playing them is one solution, but then I missed out on the fun.
Playing with your eyes closed doesn't work either.
So please, if someone has a solution. I would be really grateful.

Tony
New Zealand

Comments

• This has come up before. I think Steve had this problem. I think the final solution was "Don't play those games".
  • edited March 2008
    Link 1 and link 2.
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • It's so nice to know that when motion sickness and video games pop-up I am the one every points too. I'm not sure if I should feel honored or insulted!

PS: Link 1 does not go anywhere.
  • You may have some success with different (possibly obscure) video settings; it's worth experimenting a bit. For example, I've had similar problems playing Half-Life 2, which were removed by changing the field of view. Google is your friend for the details on how to do that.

• PS: Link 1 does not go anywhere.
    Fixed.
  • edited March 2008
    Wait, now link 1 and link 2 go to the same place.

I guess the association with Steve is merely a result of Steve being well known here.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Wait, now link 1 and link 2 go to the same place.
    Fixed. ^_~
  • I wonder if Dramamine would work.
  • Welll they can leave you alone now Steve your not the only one ;)

Tony
    New Zealand
  • This also happens to me. Sadly, I believe it to be a side effect of aging.
  • edited March 2008
    In that case Thaed, I want my youth back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its a real downer - some really great games out there both online and off and cant play them cause you end up feeling ill after playing them.

Tony
    New Zealand
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • If this is motion sickness Dramamine would probably do the job. Also, maybe changing the refresh rate would help? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but it's worth a shot.