This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Album Challenge

edited March 2008 in Forum Game
I saw this in another forum I regularly visit and found it very funny and interesting:

1 - Go to Wikipedia's random article page. The first article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to the Random Quotations page. The last four words of the last quote is the album title. (although I just realized I screwed it up and used the last 5 words ... I forgot to count "a" as a word)

3 - Go to Flickr's Interesting photo page. Third picture, no matter what it is, is your album cover.

4 - Put it all together to make your album. Either crop it to CD cover size, or just use the raw image itself ... the only rule is you're only allowed to add the album title and artist title.

Photobucket

Comments

• Some of the fake albums people make on /r9k/ are really fantastic. I suck at photoshop, so I used Paint.NET.

• My random cover:

edited March 2008
    My random cover:

* myself laughs his ass off.
    Oh god that quote is priceless. Now I'm gonna make one.

imageCHUO-RINKAN STATION!!! WOOOOOT \m/-O_O-\m/
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited March 2008
    That album cover is quite terrifying. (The one with the little girl)
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited March 2008
    BTW: That quote is from Eleanor Roosevelt: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Though I think my cover kicks ass. :p

Edit: I made another one ^^ :

Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • Ohh, I've not posted here in a while... might as well start again here.

Quite simple. Nice though
  • I love this game. I'll post a few I've already made since I don't feel like making one now.

• edited March 2008
    Post edited by whatever on
  • From Schanuels lemma, his newest album filled with more of his finest songs like Yellow Submodula, Projection Heller and Dimension Swift Twist Boogie Shift.
    Order old and worried face now and get his first platinum album Imply for free.
  • "Demography of Spain" album? Awesome.
  • edited March 2008

Couldn't be funnier if I tried.
    Oh, and ignore the first word (not), apparently I can't count.
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • edited March 2008
    I don't think I would listen to this.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • These are better than most of the covers I see in stores.
  • edited March 2008
    I love mine. It was epic lulz.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I love this challenge, but I just wanted to say: I did it a while back on my LiveJournal, and a couple months later I was contacted by the owner of the Flickr photograph I used and was asked to take my album cover down. I guess that's their right, but it made me quite disappointed. It was a really nice cover. :(
  • I love this challenge, but I just wanted to say: I did it a while back on my LiveJournal, and a couple months later I was contacted by the owner of the Flickr photograph I used and was asked to take my album cover down. I guess that's their right, but it made me quite disappointed. It was a really nice cover. :(
    Most of the photos on Flickr are automatically Creative Commons'd. You should check that.
  • Most of the photos on Flickr are automatically Creative Commons'd. You should check that.
    I believe it defaults to "All rights reserved", and you have to make the choice to do CC.
  • I made another:

Photobucket

I find it funny that this could almost be the same as record companies do this ^^
  • edited March 2008
    Indeed, I just checked and there's nothing about Creative Commons in Yahoo's Terms of Service for Flickr. I checked my own photos, which I've never set any license preferences for, and they're all defaulted to "All rights reserved." Neito is right: you have to manually either edit the license type on your photos, or change your default license for uploading photos (I just changed my own default to CC).

Here's a link for Flickr photos uploaded that are under CC: http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Here's a link for Flickr photos uploaded that are under CC:http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/
    Ok, let's use that then.

It is an archaeological site in Korea.
  • edited March 2008

sorry, just noticed I added a "a"
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • edited March 2008
    I love the fact that just about every random Wiki title is a good band name.

Edit: This is too fun. I made another.

Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • edited March 2008
    This is fun.

And I don't have any image editing software on my macbook right now. Yay for stickies and grab!

Not so yay for the 'spelling mistake'.
    Post edited by Tyashki on
    (Original photo by kmh1967)

I still like the cover I created before on my LJ better. Wish I could post it here. :( Oh well, a least the text effects on this one were kinda fun to tweak.