This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strange Observations of Intelligence

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
What are some strange intelligence connections you guys have noticed? As an example, I've noticed that introverted people seem to have a strong logical intelligence.

Comments

• I've noticed that people who use forum handles based on literary characters are very intelligent indeed.
  • I've noticed that people who use forum handles based on literary characters are very intelligent indeed.
    I see what you did there.
  • edited March 2008
    Gamers are more intelligent, unless all they play are GTA and sports games.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • It's also a sad fact that any advanced intelligence comes with advanced bastardhood. These forums alone provide many cases in point.
  • Generally intelligent people can do extremely stupid things. And vice versa.
  • Intelligence is a highly subjective quality, and is often very specific to situations or subjects. Comparing the intelligence of one person to another strikes me as rather dubious.
    In my experience people who display intelligence are not necessarily the ones who feel the desire to proclaim themselves or some subculture they belong to as more intelligent than other.
  • The good die young and pricks live forever.
  • Intelligence is a highly subjective quality, and is often very specific to situations or subjects. Comparing the intelligence of one person to another strikes me as rather dubious.
    In my experience people who display intelligence are not necessarily the ones who feel the desire to proclaim themselves or some subculture they belong to as more intelligent than other.
    You mean like Mensa? :)
  • edited March 2008
    Shit man, m16 was asking a question, and I was answering it. Most gamers I know have higher gpas than the non-gamers I know. (in b4 "gpa doesn't always = smart" argument. I understand that, and I don't want to get into that argument again).

Sure, there are exceptions to that rule, but it's just a strange observation, right?
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • There is no sanity in the world, simply different variations on the idea of madness.
  • edited March 2008
    Not really intelligence, but it seems that socially ostracized kids seem to gain a large amount of knowledge in either a single field or multiple related fields.
    Post edited by Gunfire on
  • It's the smug assholes who seem calm and cool and collected 24/7 who are intelligent.

Or maybe they're very good at pretending and bullshitting. =3