This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Need help for Anime Club: Really bad anime night

edited March 2008 in Anime
I co-run the anime club at my college. We're having a "Best anime ever" night on april 2nd. In celebration for april fools, it's actually going to be "Worst anime ever" night (don't tell them!). We have time for only 5 episodes. So far on my list is:

Zaizen Jotaro
Naruto
Inukami
Devilman OVA1

Please give me suggestions on the fifth anime or perhaps better (worse) anime to show. I'm out of ideas. I can't get my hands on Magnet Robo Gakeen (Magnos).

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Crystal Triangle. /thread

Edit: Naruto shouldn't be on there. It's shit, but it's not shitty enough shit.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Season 3 of Rurouni Kenshin was hilariously bad. I dunno what to say otherwise, though, since most of the other bad anime I know are just boring.

I'd also throw G-Gundam out there. Contrary to what Chronocross would have you think, most people will think it's terrible (perhaps even comically so).
  • Weiss Kreuz. It's not the worst in the world, but it's pretty bad. It's hilariously bad.
  • edited March 2008
    Crystal Triangle. /thread

Edit: Naruto shouldn't be on there. It's shit, but it's not shitty enough shit.
    I agree with both these points. Throw out Naruto, and put in Crystal Triangle if you can find it. If you can't find Crystal Triangle, then M.D. Geist should probably be easier to find and is almost as bad. Oh, and I think there's a fansub out there somewhere of the Riki-oh OVA (yes, there was an anime in addition to the live action movie), if you don't mind showing something that's tastelessly gory and violent. ;)

I would recommend the Panzer Dragoon OVA as one of the shit-shit-shittiest things I have ever seen in my entire life, but it only ever came out on VHS, so it might be too hard to track down on short notice.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • hmmmm...Tokyo Mew Mew
  • Inuyasha dub?

I haven't seen any of the above mentioned anime (Except for some naruto)....so Inuyasha dubbed is probably the worst I've seen.
  • MD Geist. And although I have never seen it, I heard terrible stuff about Odiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.
  • edited March 2008
    You can go with the Trifectum of Pure Evil: Koi Kaze, Elfen Lied (if you want to loose all faith in humanity, look at the ratings for this show and Koi Kaze), and DearS.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • How bout some hentai?
  • Odiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.
  • Odiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin is not watchable... not even ironically (I tried, it's not possible). Naruto is bad but not episode by episode. It's just long and bad as a series. I haven't seen MD Geist but I understand it is awful.
  • My votes are for:

Eyes of Mars - I watched this on the Sci Fi Channel a long time ago. The end is ridiculous in a Scientology kind of way.
    Brother Dear Brother - OMG I have a red thumb nail! If you paint your thumbnail red then we can be best friends yay!
    Zaizen Joutaro - This is so bad it is funny to watch. You need stuff that people can yell and make fun of.
  • Go for Odiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, but provide cookies. That's how I survived it.
  • Sumomomo Momomo, so bad it's hilarious.
  • edited March 2008
    Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Nuff Said.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited March 2008
    I'd also throw G-Gundam out there. Contrary to what Chronocross would have you think, most people will think it's terrible (perhaps even comically so).
    She lies, G Gundam is the most awesome of awesome.

Zaizen Jotaro is redonkulose enough to satisfy the burning passion of the anime club going scene.

EDIT: Tokyo Babylon needs to be in there.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • Princess Minerva is one that my friend still uses as his yardstick of how bad an anime can be.
  • Get some good anime, edit it and in the middle make the sound kinda fade out, and the video fade out to black... then BAM! you add a HORRIBLE like tentacle, dickgirl, yaoi, gory scene in right there with the audio pumped to 11 for like 5 minutes (shut the doors by the way).

or, do it fight club style, just at random add a pic of a dickgirl, tentacle rape or yaoi scene in 1 or 2 frames every once in a while.
  • He is my Master
  • Get some good anime, edit it and in the middle make the sound kinda fade out, and the video fade out to black... then BAM! you add a HORRIBLE like tentacle, dickgirl, yaoi, gory scene in right there with the audio pumped to 11 for like 5 minutes (shut the doors by the way).

or, do it fight club style, just at random add a pic of a dickgirl, tentacle rape or yaoi scene in 1 or 2 frames every once in a while.
    Jesus christ man......
  • edited March 2008
    G Gundam is worth watching in any sense. The important thing is that you don't take it seriously. It would work for this. If you want you could check WalMart for some $1 anime DVDs. They are usually beyond awful but still some are worth checking out. We use some of them in the Godzilla Club at my school.

P.S. The Anime Club just shows Moe and shonen fighting shows.
    Post edited by ZakoSoldier on
  • I think Mad Bull 34 could be a good choice. It's pretty ridiculously bad right from the get-go, and it has a Streamline-era dub which is always bad. It is pretty NSFW, though. Also rape-filled.
  • We always used Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned for our worst anime ever.
  • You could always show an ep of Beyblade ^^
  • You could always show an ep of Beyblade ^^
    If that's the genre you want, Dragon Drive is a better choice.
  • edited April 2008
    So far, I haven't had any luck finding many of these titles.
    I realized I had an episode of Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie, so I'm going to be showing that. I'm probably not going to let my club sit through all of devilman because that's plain torture. So the line up will be:

Zaizen Jotaro
    Inukami
    Devilman OVA1
    Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie

I'm going to check out He is My Master since it's easiest to get.

PS: G-Gundam is awesome =P
    Thanks guys <3
    Post edited by Katsoup on
  • edited April 2008
    You could always show an ep of Beyblade ^^
    If that's the genre you want, Dragon Drive is a better choice.
    I was going to mention Dragon Drive but I wasn't sure if it was easy to find or not, both are amazingly bad, but I think how seriously they take the spinning tops and how bad the 3d conflicts with the 2d in Beyblade was worse. Plus Dragon Drive had a bit of plot... sort of >.>
    Post edited by Corbin on