This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dead Pixel Live Podcast hates Linux and the whole Open Source Community

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/DeadPixelLive/~3/259637922/deadpixellive32708.mp3

Foward to about 5 minutes into the show.

Will Rym and Scott defend their love of Open Source? o.O! I'd love to hear Geeknights debate this against Derrick H of Dead Pixel Live!

Comments

• Never heard of teh show but the dude has a serious lisp...
  • Don't feed the troll. This is just an example of a no-name podcast trying to get attention.
  • I can't even find this podcast on Google. Also, are you sure it isn't April fools?
  • Don't feed the troll. This is just an example of a no-name podcast trying to get attention.
    They're pretty big. They're on the All Games Podcast Network

I can't even find this podcast on Google. Also, are you sure it isn't April fools?
    They're under Dead Pixel News at "http://www.deadpixelnews.com/"

Seriously though, I want to hear what Rym and Scott have to say about their rant. Not an April Fools Joke here.
  • Seriously though, I want to hear what Rym and Scott have to say about their rant. Not an April Fools Joke here.
    Well, you will have to wait until later for that. My guess is that, like most open source haters, they are simply ignorant of what open source really means.
  • Since I've never met an open source hater, or read an open source hater's blog, could someone tell me why they're opposed?
  • Since I've never met an open source hater, or read an open source hater's blog, could someone tell me why they're opposed?
    They think we're all crazy commies for doing hard work and then giving it away.
  • Seriously though, I want to hear what Rym and Scott have to say about their rant. Not an April Fools Joke here.
    Well, you will have to wait until later for that. My guess is that, like most open source haters, they are simply ignorant of what open source really means.
    No problem ^^ ! I heard that you and Rym LOVE debates... so does this Derrick H guy.

He ranted and pissed on almost everything you guys praise that is Linux-Related. I find that interesting...
  • edited April 2008
    He bitches out open source programs for being free (and aparently free) then admits to using... free open source software. Nice.

This is just one of those moments where someone has a mic and people who will listen and will talk about how stuff they don't like is useless, crap and not worth anyone's time and anyone who disagrees is wrong. They also curse out people who develop open source, even to the point of insulting them, at large, personally.
    Post edited by Norvu on
  • I heard about 7 seconds of him talking, then I turned it off. He needs to learn how to speak.
  • edited April 2008
    Mashatushious = Massachusetts? XD
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited April 2008
    Don't feed the troll. This is just an example of a no-name podcast trying to get attention.
    They're pretty big. They're on the All Games Podcast Network
    Oh, the one that Google can't find? And being part of a "podcast network" lends them no credibility. Honestly, has anyone ever heard of this site or Dead Pixel News besides DJ_Jinnai? And I absolutely can not believe this show has the "million listeners" they claim.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I think he claimed a million listeners listening live, not just a million total, but I'm not about to listen to him talk again to find out. Guy was an asshole who used other people to make himself look "cooler", especially if you listen a little bit past his open source discussion.
  • edited April 2008
    It shows up if you search "All Games" in quotes. Not saying that makes them any more or less popular, just that Google can find them.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Maybe this will be easier:

Dead Pixel Live

Try that...
  • edited April 2008
    This kid is so right. I hate it when Pac-Man appears and eats all my dots. Fuck him. This guy's a hero.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited April 2008
    Pac-Man is clearly the bane of humankind.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Somebody get that man a pop filter, STAT!
  • I listened for a bit, though I can't say why.
    He said
    "Within the next 4 weeks I will have the most high scores recognised by Twin Galaxies... If that is not true I will step down as the host of Dead Pixel Live" (Time 41:45 in the linked episode)
    Someone do it (I'm not old-school enough myself)
  • edited April 2008
    Any possible way GeekNights can put him in his place... Could be the best Monday or Thursday show ever if there was a debate show with Derrick vs Rym and Scott on skype or something.

Oh yeah in a recent show before his Open Source bitch-fest, he declared PC gaming as "dead"...
    Post edited by DJ_Katsuhiko_Jinnai on
  • edited April 2008
    I don't think he's the type of person you can have an actual debate with. It would boil down to personal insults, assumptions and pushing his limited knowledge or opinions as fact, leaving Scott or Rym to explain to him every logical fallacy he makes and why it doesn't matter and correct him on any of his false "facts".

I'm pretty sure neither one of Scott or Rym has the time or patience.

Just ignore the troll, desperate for worship and acclaim. People like that just aren't worth it even with infinite time.
    Post edited by Norvu on
  • I think Norvu is right, I don't see the possibility for a decent discussion with him.
  • Oh yeah in a recent show before his Open Source bitch-fest, he declared PC gaming as "dead"...
    As have Rym and Scott, multiple times.
  • There's nothing to say. This was obviously an attempt to get free publicity with an ill-researched and incendiary diatribe.
  • There's nothing to say. This was obviously an attempt to get free publicity with an ill-researched and incendiary diatribe.
    Seems to have worked, judging by this thread.
    Ehh... oh well. GO GEEKNIGHTS! :D !!