This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Michael Jackson

GeoGeo
edited April 2008 in Everything Else
I know this will be a very controversial topic, but I am gonna throw it out in the ballpark and wait and see what happens.

What is your opinion of Michael Jackson?

Do you think before the allegations, that MJ was one of the coolest singers ever?

Do you think he deserves the title of King of Pop?

Do you think your opinion of him would be much higher had he not done those terrible things?

Comments

• The best thing he did was the Thriller album and music video. I do not care about anything else that he did and as of right now, I find him to be very creepy.
  • Thriller is the best album ever made, Off the Wall is classic, and Bad is mostly good stuff. Everything after that isn't as good, and I don't think he will ever be able to pull off a comeback that would live up to his greatest works.
  • hriller is the best album ever made, Off the Wall is classic, and Bad is mostly good stuff. Everything after that isn't as good, and I don't think he will ever be able to pull off a comeback that would live up to his greatest wor
    What about "Beat It", that's really fuckin' good.
  • hriller is the best album ever made, Off the Wall is classic, and Bad is mostly good stuff. Everything after that isn't as good, and I don't think he will ever be able to pull off a comeback that would live up to his greatest wor
    "Beat it" is included in Thriller. Its amazing how many of his best songs are in that album.
  • edited April 2008
    hriller is the best album ever made, Off the Wall is classic, and Bad is mostly good stuff. Everything after that isn't as good, and I don't think he will ever be able to pull off a comeback that would live up to his greatest wor
    Beat it was on the Thriller album.
    EDIT: I wrote this post at the same time as the one above.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • What is your opinion of Michael Jackson?
    He used to be awesome. Now, not so awesome.
    Do you think before the allegations, that MJ was one of the coolest singers ever?
    Maybe not one of the coolest ever, but definitely very cool. However, his coolness was in decline well before the allegations. He started getting freaky before we found out about his other business.
    Do you think he deserves the title ofKing of Pop?
    Yeah. If you look back, no pop music artist has ever been as huge. Only Elvis and the Beatles are above him, but they are rock, not pop.
    Do you think your opinion of him would be much higher had he not done those terrible things?
    I would have a better opinion of him now without all the things he has done, yes. However, regardless of those things, he has separately lost his cool. The Michael Jackson of today isn't cool anymore, regardless of possible child molestation.
  • I like his old music.
  • Michael Jackson is incredible. If you don't own Thriller, you don't like music.
  • The other day on the radio I heard an informational story telling how all of the Jackson boys are broke. The girls are fine but the original Jackson-5 guys are down and out. One of them even works at a super market.
  • I echo what Scott said.
  • I completely agree with Scott.

On a separate note, I did go as Michael Jackson for halloween a couple of years ago. I did not go trick-or-treating, and barely went out side at all, due to my huge fear of a mother running up to me and emptying a can of mace into my eyes.
  • I think only a few months after the first big "MJ IS A PEDO" craze did I remember who the hell he was easily. I still can't determine what songs he has sung, and only his weird white face helps me recognize him. You asked me about MJ before or right after the Pedo-craze started, I would've been like, "Who the hell?" and, short of giving me a Wiki link to him or something, would I know him.
  • He needs to do the Jackson 5 thing... ONE MORE TIME.
  • I'd say he was awesome . . . until he became white and a pedophile. I dunno about Thriller, but Beat It and Billie Jean were good songs.