This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights is Much Better than The Moon Masters.

edited June 2006 in GeekNights
I had a lot of time to listen to podcasts today as I was driving for 4 hours. I pulled a bunch of shows off Libsyn's Hott 100. The Moon Masters are number one. They are essentially in the same genre as GeekNights. I won't say that they suck because I did laugh a few times. However..

1) They are NOT polished. The sound quality is terrible and there are a lot of pauses and ums and uhs.
2) The pacing is slow compared to GN.
3) It's not as smart. The two guys on Moon Masters come across as nerdy, but not the sharpest tools in the shed whereas Rym & Scott are obviously smart as hell.

So there you have it. GN is not in the top 100 and it is a far superior show. It must be an advertising issue. I'm going to do some promos on podcastpromos.com this weekend for FNPL. If you guys haven't done that, maybe you should because you're better than most of what's out there.

Comments

• Yeah, we have only been spreading by word of mouth so far. We should really do some promos. Maybe that will be the next contest. Write a promo for GeekNights.
  • Folks, the internet is a small place. The Moon Masters fans found my post here and linked it to the Moon Masters forum.

http://mickaloha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=524
  • That, my friend, is what we call being pwned. I'll go listen to their podcast just to see how it compares to the awesomness of GeekNights. I have seen very few podcasts that put out as much content as GeekNights (a few daily ones, but only 10 minute episodes), but it's quality over quantity and GeekNights has both.
  • ....wow. Hello, the internet.

I was planning on trying out Moon Masters at some point, but perusing their forums has really turned me off to it.
  • edited June 2006
    The Moon Masters are no longer on the top, and they do seem to admit to cheating their way to the top, and so do their listeners.

EDIT: Listening to latest episode now. I've yet to hear anything about geekery, but I probably haven't gotten that far in.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • How is it amazing that they found this post? That guy posts on these forums too.
  • Holy christ, I've been listening for 40 minutes now and it just never gets any better. Who *are* these dumbasses?
  • YAY!

Welcome to your first inter-podcast/forum war!

This ought to be fun....

*bookmarks Moon Masters*
  • Heh, I listened to a few whole episodes--I strongly disagree with Thaed's statement that it is the same genre as GeekNights. There's no geekiness at all in the Moon Masters. Oh, and yes, I don't like the community in their forums either.