This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Money: The Wasting

edited June 2006 in Everything Else
Most of my friends (We all play) call it "Tragic: The Marketing".
I work in a card shop on some weekends, and a customer even came up and asked about "Tragic rares"

Comments

• I've got enough sealed magic boosters to have a draft with four players. Looking for three other people who haven't played M:TG since the '90s to join in.
  • Apreche said:

I've got enough sealed magic boosters to have a draft with four players. Looking for three other people who haven't played M:TG since the '90s to join in.

What set?
  • Neito said:

Apreche said:

I've got enough sealed magic boosters to have a draft with four players. Looking for three other people who haven't played M:TG since the '90s to join in.

What set?
    I've been told it's the most current. So there are 4 Fate Reforged packs and 8 Khans of Tarkir.

• I'm up for Magic, I have played a tiny bit in the last 10 years but I have never bought a card since the 90's I just still have my 90's deck.
  • Cremlian said:

I'm up for Magic, I have played a tiny bit in the last 10 years but I have never bought a card since the 90's I just still have my 90's deck.

This is a draft, so we open these packs, take a card and pass it around like 7 Wonders. Then we make decks with the cards we picked and play. I think we're allowed to get some basic lands from elsewhere.
  • yea that's cool, I'm just saying I've played in the last 10 years :-p which was a disqualification ;-p
  • Apreche said:

Cremlian said:

I'm up for Magic, I have played a tiny bit in the last 10 years but I have never bought a card since the 90's I just still have my 90's deck.

This is a draft, so we open these packs, take a card and pass it around like 7 Wonders. Then we make decks with the cards we picked and play. I think we're allowed to get some basic lands from elsewhere.
    You're allowed infinite outside basic lands.
  • I played Magic that one time they paid to send me to France b/c I'd been copying and pasting summaries of their tournament circuit results into MTV Geek articles.
  • I'll just warn you ahead of time: Drafting with only 4 players is pretty weak. Ideally you have 8 people.
  • chaosof99 said:

I'll just warn you ahead of time: Drafting with only 4 players is pretty weak. Ideally you have 8 people.

It should be fine with people who haven't played in 10+ years.
  • Considering that I have no interesting in playing or buying M:TG seriously ever again, there is a pretty strong urge to just open all these packs. I mean, what if there's an ultra-rare cocoa bean in there?
  • Funny thing happened at the draft today. After the draft had completed, two guys were going to play a small variant called "mini master" with their price packs. However, one guy fumbled the last card of the pack and it turned out to be a foil Tasigur, the Golden Fang. He was kind of lucky that he hadn't shuffled the pack yet considering the card is worth at least 21€ right now in mint condition.

However, since that was a foil card there had to be another rare card in it as foils replace a common card. The rare turned out to be Whisperwood Elemental, a card that saw a surge in price recently and as of right now is at least worth 7 Euro on its own at least, trending upward. So essentially he got a cool 30€ out of the prices.

----------------------
    Anyway, the reason drafts with less than at least 6 people suck is that usually draft formats are based around certain themes and interlocking card interactions. With so little material it is hard to get together a deck that follows a coherent strategy or theme.