This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Holy tornado fun, Batman

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
I've been chasing mini-tornadoes across my county for the past two hours. There haven't been any confirmed touchdowns, but 50 mph winds have been causing dangerous wind shear and all kinds of damage.

There's a roof off a barn, a car was struck by lightning, a 30-foot pine tree feel on a car outside a strip club, a barn roof blew off and landed on an Ohio Turnpike overpass, a power tower a few miles down the turnpike has been crippled and fire crews say it's going to fall, and the turnpike had to be closed.

I love my job.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Awesome. The only thing that could make it better would be if you were chasing them in a nuclear submarine.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Glub, glub, glub. Prepare to surface! Awoooooooga! Awoooooooga!
  • Awesome experience!
  • Oh please. If anyone is a tornado chaser it's me. When was the last time you were within a mile of a tornado touchdown?
  • Oh please. If anyone is a tornado chaser it's me. When was the last time you were within a mile of a tornado touchdown?
    Mine is this big:
    8==========D
    Mine is this big:
    8==========D
    *ups the DPI* 2.4 millimeters... To scale?

So, what do you do for job to get to chase tornadoes?
  • *ups the DPI* 2.4 millimeters... To scale?
    Yes. Is that not normal?

So, what do you do for job to get to chase tornadoes?
    I'm a newspaper reporter.
  • *ups the DPI* 2.4 millimeters... To scale?
    Yes. Is that not normal?
    I'm not American, so I don't know if it's normal over there. I can say it's not over here. n_n
    I'm a newspaper reporter.
    Aha! . . . Aren't you supposed to chase stories instead of tornadoes? There's only one story behind a tornado. Unless you pathetically milk it.
  • There's only one story behind a tornado. Unless you pathetically milk it.
    What story is that?
  • There's only one story behind a tornado. Unless you pathetically milk it.
    What story is that?
    Tornado results in x damage. With of course the possible personal tragedy of a life or several lives lost. No?
  • There's a roof off a barn, a car was struck by lightning, a 30-foot pine tree feel on a car outside a strip club, a barn roof blew off and landed on an Ohio Turnpike overpass, a power tower a few miles down the turnpike has been crippled and fire crews say it's going to fall, and the turnpike had to be closed.
    Didn't I already explain that to you? Are you daft, son?
  • "New Pentium core 5 dodeco clocks 20GHz for £25" it's just four numbers but you would be totally excited if it happened.
  • There's a roof off a barn, a car was struck by lightning, a 30-foot pine tree feel on a car outside a strip club, a barn roof blew off and landed on an Ohio Turnpike overpass, a power tower a few miles down the turnpike has been crippled and fire crews say it's going to fall, and the turnpike had to be closed.
    Didn't I already explain that to you? Are you daft, son?
    I may be daft, but that's all damage. Would be stupid to make 5 or so stories out of that.

Or must I say the obvious, that which has already been said several times before? Yes, chasing tornadoes is awesome. But you can't do that forever. That is for the few.
  • Yes, chasing tornadoes is awesome. But you can't do that forever. That is for the few.
    I wonder what's the mortality rate for tornado chasers.