This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

TorrentSpy = Dead as of 3.24.08

Apparently they couldn't hold out against the court system.

Gone, daddy, gone.

Comments

• Yeah, I picked a good time to back off the piracy. If more anime is available for direct download like Tower of Druaga I'm pretty much set.
  • IT WORKED! My time machine worked! I am in the future! MUAHAHAHAHAA! And it seems my inter-spatial connection still work. HEY YOU! :D How is it over there in March?

What? . . . I did not go into the future? *kicks Wiz* But why does my monitor report stuff from March then?

The internet can be slow at times? True, but... GAAAAAAAAAH! *goes back to the drawing board and starts doodling outside the lines again*
  • edited April 2008
    What? . . . I did not go into the future? *kicks Wiz* But why does my monitor report stuff from March then?
    So what you're trying to say is...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • VICTOLY! *high fives Sail*

Sorry for that MacRoss, gedavids. It's getting late, my meds are wearing off. As for Torrentspy going down, eh. Sucks yeah, but at least Demonoid is back, so we didn't really loose that much. Neither site is worth much of your time if you ask me though. I mean, if I cannot find what I'm looking for on the Piratebay, Nipponsei or TokyoTosho, I use Google. For all those others sites are basically the same as the Piratebay.
  • I'm not a fan of torrentspy, hence why this was news to me. :P MiniNova and ToykoTosho give me everything I desire.
  • Wait....people used Torrentspy?! *dramatic gasp*
  • edited April 2008
    I tend to use isohunt a lot myself; and eztv.it for TV torrents.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Why are you guys searching one when you can just search all of them?
  • True, and there's always filetype:torrent also
  • I used to use TorrentSpy. Then I grew up. ^_^
    I use Mininova and The Pirate Bay, but I think I'm going to phase that out for Sail's suggestion. Looks pretty slick.
  • piratebay has always found everything I'm looking for.
  • piratebay has always found everything I'm looking for.
    True, though not always in the desired format (320kbs mp3 files <3). Oh, I forgot ScrapeTorrent too. It's one of the first meta search engines for torrents I know. However it's a bit buggy for me and has gotten slower, and slower, and slower. At least it is still faster than many other of its kind.
  • I usualy search in the order of:
    Torrentz
    Mininova and/or Piratebay
    Scrapetorrent
    Youtorrent
  • My order of searching:
    Anime Suki for anime (obviously)
    Isohunt if I'm going for the less legal side of things.
    BTjunkie if I came up dry at isohunt and I'm desperate enough to keep looking. Usually I just give up after isohunt if I can't find whatever I'm looking for, though.