This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Getting Rid of Your old Junk

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
I found a creative way that you can get rid of your old junk that you don't need any more

Dear Bulk Mailer

"Have you ever wondered what to do with old text books that you already read for college, but can't bear to throw away? Give it new life and slap a business reply envelope to it. Ship it out and it will find a great new home at Capital One."
-Chuck

Comments

• I've seen this before, it's pretty hilarious (if almost certainly illegal). Somewhat also reminds me of the P-P-P-Powerbook.
  • My uncle use to do this when he was in college. Here is an older news story of someone doing the same shit to piss people off. Man pays power bill with 52,000 pennies
  • if almost certainly illegal
    "Q: Is this legal?
    A: Just don't send hazardous materials (ie batteries), or things considered unhealthy (ie dirty underwear). Seriously, no dirty underwear."

Also, sending text books to capital one is dumb. I'm sure the campus bookstore would pay you for them...
  • I'm sure the campus bookstore would pay you for them...
    Yeah, they'll pay you. They'll pay you shit. Sell on Amazon to make better money.
  • They'll pay you shit
    something > nothing.
    Though true, amazon or even ebay are a lot better options.
  • "Q: Is this legal?
    A: Just don't send hazardous materials (ie batteries), or things considered unhealthy (ie dirty underwear). Seriously, no dirty underwear."
    I did see that, but I think that qualifies as tampering with the mail. When I worked in a call centre, there was a story that someone tried to pay their bill in pennies and the legal team went to town on him for late fees, damages and postage, basing the lawsuit on the fact that you can't legally pay for something with more than 24 pennies here in Canada. I can't vouch for whether this is true or not, but it keeps me from using business reply mail to send cinder blocks.