This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Oh the wonderful world of the YouTubes...

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
Well I was on YouTube today and was just searching for videos of... well, I didn't really know, but still I ended up stumbling over a video by one of my favorite hardcore bands, "Ramallah". They have some pretty controversial view points on polictics and war and what have you, but this sparked up debate and I found this little gem. To be quite frank, i luld. And I would like to add, I didn't post anything on this video. Just an observer.

Rules broken:
-Godwin's Law
-Straw Man
-General common decency

So I guess the point of this thread would be for people to point out the, more or less, outstanding idiocies of this wonderful world of YouTube. Anything any one can think of?

EDIT: Oh yes, here's a link to the aforementioned video.

Ramallah - Kill a Celebrity

Comments

• Ahh, every argument must have someone referencing the other to Hitler/a nazi... <3

Iunno, every single video that begins with a warning, and then a commenter bashing the thing that they were warned of (Yaoi, for example). I never read the comments.
  • This reminds me of an alt-text from an xkcd comic. I think it went something like:

"Here's a fun game to play: Post a comment on YouTube so stupid that everyone knows you're joking. Hint: This is impossible."
  • edited April 2008
    I almost always read the comments, just to see things like this. It's entertaining for some odd reason. Hahaha

EDIT: Sail, I thought I knew which one you meant for a second, but it turned out I didn't. I thought it was that one where he signs his blog comments with "Summer Glau".
    Post edited by RothOHNOES on
  • edited April 2008
    So I guess the point of this thread would be for people to point out the, more or less, outstanding idiocies of this wonderful world of YouTube. Anything any one can think of?
    Hmm...comments on Soulja Boy videos?

I remember that one day over the summer, me and one of my friends went on one of his videos and just replied to peoples' posts and corrected their grammar. They were getting PISSED. "gb 2 skool, u fucking english teacherz!11!!!11!!!!!"

Oh man....I think that was the last time I ever commented on Youtube videos.

Also, "is that some sort of racist military slang?"...shit man. That's so good.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • edited April 2008
    Hahaha Soulja Boy. I swear the first time I saw him, I literally thought it was satire video about pop videos or something along those lines. But then I found out that people actually enjoyed him and dedicated a portion of their life to learning that god damn dance. At this point a small portion of me and my outlook on humanity died a little.
    Post edited by RothOHNOES on
  • Hahaha Soulja Boy. I swear the first time I saw him, I literally thought it was satire video about pop videos or something along those lines. But then I found out that people actually enjoyed him and dedicated a portion of their life to learning that god damn dance. At this point a small portion of me and my outlook on humanity died a little.
    Is it really any different than geeks learning Hare Hare Yukai?
  • EDIT: Sail, I thought I knew which one you meant for a second, but it turned out I didn't. I thought it was that one where he signs his blog comments with "Summer Glau".
    I think it was the one about "Someone was WRONG... on the internet!"
  • I almost always read the comments,
    That way madness lies.
  • Reading the comments on a YouTube video, much like reading a Talk page on Wikipedia, is not an activity to do lightly.
  • edited April 2008
    Hahaha Soulja Boy. I swear the first time I saw him, I literally thought it was satire video about pop videos or something along those lines. But then I found out that people actually enjoyed him and dedicated a portion of their life to learning that god damn dance. At this point a small portion of me and my outlook on humanity died a little.
    Yes and no.
    Yes because the solja boy dance is a lot dumber and it's not much of a dance. It's just hitting your feet and sliding back and forth. Sure there's some bias with this statement...but really, it's just not really dancing. Then again, you could say that DDR isn't really dancing, and you'd be right in saying that, as well.
    No since I'm sure the geeks put a lot more time and effort into learning Hare Hare Yukai.

So...I guess you're right.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • edited April 2008
    At least Hare Hare Yukai is a good song. Soulja Boy doesn't have any redeeming qualities to it and should not even be considered music.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on