This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Stinks like crap today.

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
No, literally. The entire London area and the south east of England were covered with the smell of... shit. It was really weird, woke up this morning and it smelt like crap, "weird" I thought. Went to work, smelled like crap, "dubya tee eff" I thought. Went to another part of London in the afternoon, smelled like crap, "The hell is going on?!" I thought again.

Turns out, everyone had the same thing happen to them and we can safely blame it on the french! It should have been the most immediate logical answer to any Briton today, that the smell of shit came from France! =P

Comments

• *Snickers* We've had that happen a couple times - we get the smell of crap from the farmers. It doesn't happen often - or maybe it doesn't happen often when I'm outside...

I think it's better than sulpher, to be honest.
  • It's just especially weird the smell traveled over the damn sea, the English Channel specifically. I've never heard of that happening before, but only because it's never happened here before, so maybe it's a common thing.
  • Something like that happened in Manhattan a few months back. New yorkers generally blamed New Jersey, who denied it.
  • Your food has to be grown somewhere. Ain't nothing for bringing up good plants like good muck.
  • edited April 2008
    We get that several times a year here. The worst is in the spring when the farmers start spreading all of the manure that has accumulated over the winter. The entire town smells like a farm. You get used to it, though.
    Post edited by Kilarney on