This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

TMR! TMR!

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
OMG! TMR high fived Rym and Scott! And I was right there behind them! It was awesome, and I was happy because I could understand most of the interview. I got to see him up close! And he said he really likes Gundam and if you told him when he was a little kid that he would get his "own gundam" (he voice acted in and sang the OP for Seed) he would have totally pissed himself. And and he said he likes the idea of doing his own podcast! And he had shiny pants! And he was so little and pretty (when someone asked him how he looks so good he said "Dunno. I just wake up in the morning and I look like this.") and...and....annd Kyaaaaaa!

*teakettles for a while*

...at these press events, I like being able to say "I'm with them" and go behind the velvet ropes.

Comments

• Man, that sounds awesome. I wish I had gone back up to NY Sunday, but unfortunately I had things I had to do.
  • The funniest part was our encounter with Anonymous before the show. Of course, I'll save that story for Wednesday. ^_~
  • Whahahaha, Emily, you're awesome. That sounds really awesome. One question though, who's TMR?
  • T.M.Revolution

He's a Japanese rock star.
  • I still can't get over how small the guy is. He is truly a tiny tiny man.
  • edited April 2008
    I still can't get over how small the guy is.
    Live in japan for a while. You get startled looking in the mirror and seeing how tall you are.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The actual interview will be broadcast in the Tokyo area on Saturday at Midnight EDT. We’ll announce if there will be a more easily accessible playing.
    *chokes* Wait, GeekNights' interview with the man?
  • I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THIS! *fangirls like a troll!*
    The funniest part was our encounter with Anonymous before the show. Of course, I'll save that story for Wednesday. ^_~
    Something tell me this will be funny.
  • The funniest part was our encounter with Anonymous before the show. Of course, I'll save that story for Wednesday. ^_~
    Something tell me this will be funny.
    Oh hells yeah!
  • I only know T.M.Revolution because they made the Soul Eater opening song, and even then I didn't know them by name, not being a gundam fan doesn't help.

Sounds cool though, I'm intrigued with the Anon encounter.
  • I only know T.M.Revolution because they made the Soul Eater opening song, and even then I didn't know them by name, not being a gundam fan doesn't help.

Sounds cool though, I'm intrigued with the Anon encounter.
    Oooh, hadn't looked into the OP yet for Soul Eater. 't's nice
  • edited April 2008
    I dunno, I think the Soul Eater OP sounds almost exactly the same as 95% of TMR's other songs. Not that that's all bad - it's a kick-ass song mould - just that it's nothing special.

My personal favourite TMR song is "Crosswise," which is the opening song for the game Sengoku Basara. I really dig the main guitar riffs in that one. :D
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I dunno, I think the Soul Eater OP sounds almost exactly the same as 95% of TMR's other songs.
    He's not nearly as guilty of that as Two Mix... ^_^*

/loves Two Mix
  • True dat. I think "Second Impression" is the only Two-Mix song I've heard that sounds markedly different than their norm.

Also, I'm hoping that part of the interview mentions abingdon boys school, too. I like Takanori's work with that project a bit better than his TMR work (examples: D.Grayman opening 1, Darker Than Black opening 1). ^^
  • I dunno, I think the Soul Eater OP sounds almost exactly the same as 95% of TMR's other songs. Not that that's all bad - it's a kick-ass song mould - just that it's nothing special.

My personal favourite TMR song is "Crosswise," which is the opening song for the game Sengoku Basara. I really dig the main guitar riffs in that one. :D
    Meh, never heard a song of him before. Though if I had I probably wouldn't call it 'nice'. I'd call him a boring one-trick pony, like say Ali project and the Shigofumi opener. *stabs that song to death*
  • I was there at the interview too (even got a pic of Rym and Scott ^_^). Although I think I might've overdosed on TMR seeing as how I went to every single event involving him during the con. But I don't regret it being a longtime fan of that tiny many with so much energy.
  • Hi Guys! I was the one that gave you the shout out while standing on line at Kinokuniya. The Radiohead question will have to wait for next time.
    Lack of sleep and abuse of sugar never bothered me before this con...curse my almost thirty-ness!

Hey ayameiris, I missed the signing but I caught every other TMR event.
    It was cool to see Pierre from the Conan O'Brien show at the panel. I think that I was the only person excited to see him there, I did not hear anyone else geek out like me.

NY Comic Con was fun! Now let's get some awesome Japanese bands to play here in the states!