This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Yet another awesome Japanese invention

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
Check out this bicycle parking robot. Every city should have these.

Comments

• Check out thisbicycle parking robot. Every city should have these.
    That is indeed neat. And yes, more cities need that, no more need to dodge bicycles, no more chance of your bike being stolen.
  • Question to everyone: Are bikes used much where you are? Here, something like that would be right out. Damn cold.
  • Question to everyone: Are bikes used much where you are? Here, something like that would be right out. Damn cold.
    Yes. You can buy one for 5 euros from a drug addict in the big cities. He'll fish up a bike from the canals and gives it to you. That, and the city I live has bicycles parked everywhere where there are shops near.
  • If NY had one, it would be so awesome.
  • I gotta say, that is a pretty awesome solution to an everyday city problem.
  • edited April 2008
    While in Japan I saw a smallish dirt area with bicycles pack so that the distance between each on was less than twice the thickness of the frame.
    That is one of those inventions I wonder why I don't see outside Japan.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • While in Japan I saw a smallish dirt area with bicycles pack so that the distance between each on was less than twice the thickness of the frame.
    That is one of those inventions I wonder why I don't see outside Japan.
    A bike lock? Aren't those common in America? We have 'em on every bike here.
  • You can find those bike locks on bikes on a really desolate island here in Germany. ^^
  • America doesn't want neato bike locks and bike sorting things.

That implies we want to do exercise.
  • America doesn't want neato bike locks and bike sorting things.

That implies we want to do exercise.
    We don't grab a bike because we want to exercise, we grab bikes because they're faster. they require minimal parking.
  • That implies we want to do exercise.
    We don't grab a bike because we want to exercise, we grab bikes because they're faster. they require minimal parking.
    But it's still exercise which our bodies just can't handle, and it just becomes slower than driving, and it's actually fairly dangerous if you're not careful about it. I think I've seen only a few bike paths - mostly in parks and overseas.
  • edited April 2008
    I am happy to say that while I do have a bit of a paunch, I am an avid biker and love every minute of it! Biking is by far the most enjoyable form of exercise preceded only by dancing and sex.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on