This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gear thread.

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
For musicians. Post pictures/descriptions of your instruments and junk here.
image image
Right click > view image for full size, of course. Timpani mallets and quad mallets sound pretty awesome on a set. And the one stick with the top half covered in duct tape is for hitting cymbals, giving them a washing sound instead of a crashing sound. The duct tape on the hi-hat sticks the top and bottom cymbal together on one side, which gives the cymbal a cool, dead sound when you hit it open and stops it from ringing. When you hit it closed, it sounds like a regular hi-hat.

Comments

• ...What's up with that snare?
  • ...What's up with that snare?
    It's four years old and the cheapest snare I could find (the entire set was just $500 dollars). The white paint chipped off in the center, and it's generally justed busted up to all shit.
  • edited April 2008
    P-bass

Firefly acoustic bass

Recording equip.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I have a Kaossilator Touchpad Synthesizer at the moment, but I'm thinking of getting a Mini-Kaoss Touchpad Effects Processor and a KP3 Touchpad Dynamic Effect Sampler - but only after I've got the Kaossilator down, and I can produce some good, dance worthy tunes with little effort.
  • Sweet bass Sail, when I first saw the pill sticker I thought Akira.
  • edited April 2008
    Sweet bass Sail, when I first saw the pill sticker I thought Akira.
    That's what it's supposed to be. Though some people have said it reminded them of Dr. Mario, which works too.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • My familial unit has a grand piano in our living room. I'm pretty sure we inherited it from my grandmother on my father's side.
  • Right now at home I only have my Gretsch G5120 Electromatic

Its a little dirty.
  • http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/models/models_fly_mojof_intro.asp

and...

and...

I also have a shit ton of other guitars, amplifiers and keyboards.
  • Here's my basic setup:

• Yesterday I took my first plunge into guitardism. I got this Epiphone Les Paul Jr. off the wall at Guitar Center for $99. The action is perfect and it sounds and plays awesomely for such a cheap instrument. The finish is also very reflective, as you can see in the second pic.

Put a sticker on it =P
  • Oh man, want.
  • edited June 2008
    My Guitars

Effects

Amps

I also have a bunch of little accessories (i.e., Fingerease, Dunlop Tortex Jazz III picks), and I have added a 3/4 size acoustic that was previously my grandma's.

Not included is my drum set, and my keyboard. They are nothing special, though.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • That jazz guitar looks absolutely awesome!
  • edited August 2008
    I finally got around to taking pics of my setup. Not pretty but it works!
    Cheapo Behringer mixer & mic, Beyerdynamic headphones, flute, Akai EWI4000S, Yamaha QY70, Muse Receptor
    CME UF7 keyboard, E-MU MP7, Behringer foot controller
    Post edited by Paulathon on
  • I'd like to introduce everyone to my new best friend.

I just got my Stingray. And it sounds orgasmic.
  • I wish I knew how to play a musical instrument. :-(
  • I wish I knew how to play a musical instrument. :-(
    It doesn't take that much..
  • I'd like to introduce everyone to my new best friend.

I just got my Stingray. And it sounds orgasmic.
    :F That thing looks amazing
  • I played the trumpet in middle school. It was some crappy rental trumpet.
    Obviously not my setup, but I love my timps. Technically they belong to the university, but they can't deny our love!
  • Timpani is one of the greatest instruments in the world.
  • I also took the plunge into guitardism earlier this year. My setup:
  • That looks like either a Jackson, an Ibanez or just some random no name guitar. ^^ But kudos to learning guitar!
  • That looks like either a Jackson, an Ibanez or just some random no name guitar. ^^ But kudos to learning guitar!
    Ibanez. ^_~
  • I needed an amp loud enough to play with a drummer. This one had the most bang for my buck. What I love about it is that the head is actually removable and has both XLR and 1/4 inch output ports. It's basically as close as you can get to having a half-stack but with less bulk. Even still, it's quite hefty and I almost returned it, but I figure anything else I would get within my price range wouldn't be much better in that regard.

• Ever since I got my Marshall I've never had any problems with my sound. It really is such a great amp.

BTW: I went to a Death Cab concert in Berlin a few days ago, which was really awesome, and fell in love with Ben Gibbards guitar.

I am so going to get that guitar once I've got enough money. ^^
  • My piano:
    Dude, your bust is awesome.
  • My piano:
    Dude, your bust is awesome.
    I call upon it for inspiration.