This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Digital Copies of DVDs

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
When I picked up the DVD release of Juno, I went for my usual two disc version and noticed something cool. Some releases of DVD's are now coming with second discs that allow you to upload the movie to your computer to put on your MP3 players. These releases are very inexpensive, as they only about five dollars more than the standard one-disc releases (this is considering the 14.99 price tag for movies on iTunes.) While the movie it is DRM'ed to hell, it is a step in the right direction.

Oh, and Juno was an amazing movie.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Cool. Although, I could do that without the second disk and without DRM.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Juno was mediocre at best.
  • edited April 2008
    Juno was mediocre at best.
    Silencio, old man! Explain yourself before you do it, though.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The 2nd disc of I Am Legend has a digital copy and, if I remember correctly, you can only watch it in Windows Media Player and you are forbidden to put it onto a portable device. I may be mistaken, however.
  • Juno was mediocre at best.
    Silencio, old man! Explain yourself before you do it, though.
    It's hipster garbage.
  • edited April 2008
    The 2nd disc of I Am Legend has a digital copy and, if I remember correctly, you can only watch it in Windows Media Player, and you are forbidden to put it onto a portable device. I may be mistaken, however.
    Most digital copies are shit right now. You have to go through all of the trouble of registering the video, and then you can barely play it. You can just take the video without doing all of that, but then it doesn't play because of all of the DRM. And, if some of them don't let you use them on a portable device, then why wouldn't I just watch the DVD?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Silencio, old man! Explain yourself before you do it, though.
    It's hipster garbage.
    That's not really a great way of explaining why you think that way. It's sometimes cool to post tiny one-liner replies, but not always.

For me, I think the script was a bit too clever and the music and funky drawings were trying a bit too hard to be charming and unique. That bothered me especially through the first half of the movie, but less so in the second half when the characters were more at the forefront than the witty dialogue and the indie music references. Overall, despite those annoyances, I thought it was still a good story with some great performances. Definitely well above "mediocre" level.
  • edited April 2008
    I uploaded mine using iTunes and didn't have any problems with it. It is on my iPod and I am happy.
    It's hipster garbage.
    Care to elaborate?
    For me, I think the script was a bittooclever and the music and funky drawings were trying a bit too hard to be charming and unique. That bothered me especially through the first half of the movie, but less so in the second half when the characters were more at the forefront than the witty dialogue and the indie music references. Overall, despite those annoyances, I thought it was still a good story with some great performances. Definitely well above "mediocre" level.
    While I didn't like the music, it really fit the movie, though. How can dialog be too clever?
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on