This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Anime Select: The Best in Anime

2»

Comments

• 4. It was a point in the GeekNights episode. They pointed out your argument when Batou critized the fansubbers for multiple spelling errors and bad grammar. However, they didn't stop to watch it because of this but did so much latter for the reason I mentioned.
    7. Scrym made the same point in their Worst Podcast episode. The funny thing about it is that in the same episode they also mentioned that repeating information that can be easily obtained during related things such as the website to the podcast or the description of the mp3 file is also bad because it just bores the established listenerbase. So this is pretty much my rebuttal. The full review index can be found on the website including the ranking of these review titles and the fully spelled out grade they give can be found in the description file.
    8. I think this is actually something unique to AP: They warn of bad new shows. Not like aWo where they review some horrible show like MD Geist to make fun of it. AP actually reviews crap like Moetan or the Whistle! anime and warn of the horribleness that it is. And it isn't as if AP only reviews such crap. They might not have always a review that interests you in particular, but they do their job and also review older stuff people request for in their forums. Case in Point is the Love Hina review you mentioned in which they gave a mediocre score to that series.
  • And how long ago is that? Did you actually ever listen to one of their episodes yourself or do you only go from what Scrym presented in the Worst Podcast episode?
    I was one of their earlier subscribers and I listened from episode 1 to around 70. You aren't going to be able to get away with a "you didn't listen to enough of them" argument with me. I frankly don't care if they stopped the habit because 70 episodes was more them enough time for common sense to kick in and get them to fix it themselves.
    The fact is I heard about more anime I watched and enjoyed from Anime Pulse than from anywhere else.
    Sorry to take a cheap shot, but I question your tastes.
    I know that the show is not the best or most knowledgeable out there, but they get the job done. It may not cater to the high standards you guys supposedly have, but it isn't the garbage most here try to make it out to be.
    Last I checked, giving a half-season plot summary complete with a plethora of penis jokes doesn't come anywhere close to getting the job done.
  • The full review index can be found on the website including the ranking of these review titles and the fully spelled out grade they give can be found in the description file.
    Why make people look? Fuck, why even have a review index? Last I checked, Geeknights, Dave and Joel, and AWO don't have much of an index. It's more of a "fucking awesome; great, but not fucking awesome; good; ok; awful; total shit" kinda index. You get what they think of the series without them having to have an index.
    Though, if AP didn't do the index, I think you'd still get the gist of it...but that just brings me back to the point of "why even have it?".
  • Sorry to take a cheap shot, but I question your tastes.
    Let's see, shows I got into through Anime Pulse:
    Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
    Black Lagoon (partially)
    Lucky Star
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (partially)
    Hayate no Gotoku
    Bamboo Blade
    Claymore (partially)
    FLCL (partially)
    Get Backers (I only read the manga)
    Gantz (Manga)
    Ghost in the Shell (partially)
    Innocent Venus
    Moonlight Mile (not finished)
    Midori no Hibi
    Minami-ke (not finished)
    Sgt. Frog
    Oh! Edo Rocket
    Planetes
    Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou
    Zombie Loan (not finished)
    Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
    Master of Epic: The Animation Age (not finished)

Partially means that it also got recommended somewhere else, but I heard about it on AP first. Not finished means that AP got me interested in it, but the series didn't click with me and I stopped watching/reading it. However, I'm not sure if Anime Pulse is to fault for that.
    I'm well aware that not all of those are the big hitters and pearls of anime, but I enjoyed most of them very much.