This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Earthbound for Wii... VC relase, hopefully soon?

edited May 2008 in Everything Else
EarthBound Coming to Wii... Virtual Console?

Yippee! Give me my Earthbound 3 damn you!

Comments

• Man, I feel so bad about this. I've been waiting for any chance for Earthbound, but I don't think I'm going to buy this. I just got this Windows PC working, and I got my emulation action back in business. I even bought the wireless XBox 360 controller to use with the PC and play games. Because of this, and because VC games are still overpriced, I feel like I should only buy VC games that are multi-player and need to go on the TV, i.e: River City Ransom.
  • Mother and Mother 3 will NEVER come over to America. I know this because Earthbound bombed in sales when it was released in the US. Which I blame for a terrible ad campaign that Nintendo used, however consider this the closest thing you will get to a new Earthbound game.
  • Mother and Mother 3 will NEVER come over to America. I know this because Earthbound bombed in sales when it was released in the US. Which I blame for a terrible ad campaign that Nintendo used, however consider this the closest thing you will get to a new Earthbound game.
    You really don't want to play Mother one anyhow, it's just a prototype for Mother 2.
  • If this release does well, I actually think that we could get Mother 3.
  • JayJay
    edited May 2008
    Man, I feel so bad about this. I've been waiting for any chance for Earthbound, but I don't think I'm going to buy this. I just got this Windows PC working, and I got my emulation action back in business. I even bought the wireless XBox 360 controller to use with the PC and play games. Because of this, and because VC games are still overpriced, I feel like I should only buy VC games that are multi-player and need to go on the TV, i.e: River City Ransom.
    Are there any good multi player games out for the virtual console besides River City Ransom?
    Post edited by Jay on
  • YES!!!! Finally! It's about time that Nintendo came there fuckin' senses. I am overflowing with joy!
  • >Are there any good multi player games out for the virtual console besides River City Ransom?
    Yes, yoshi cookie.
  • edited May 2008
    YES!!!! Finally! It's about time that Nintendo came to their fuckin' senses. I am overflowing with joy!
    Personally, I want to get SNES and NES emulation going on a Nintendo DS. Has anyone tried that?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Are there any good multi player games out for the virtual console besides River City Ransom?
    Yoshi's Cookie. Bases Loaded. Street Fighter 2. There are more, but I don't have a list in front of me.
  • YES!!!!Finally! It's about time that Nintendo cametotheirfuckin' senses. I am overflowing with joy!
    Personally, I want to get SNES and NES emulation going on a Nintendo DS. Has anyone tried that?
    It's really easy. You just have to buy one of those cards.
  • Personally, I want to get SNES and NES emulation going on a Nintendo DS. Has anyone tried that?
    I've heard that. I was more interested in what people thought of the results.
  • Man, I feel so bad about this. I've been waiting for any chance for Earthbound, but I don't think I'm going to buy this. I just got this Windows PC working, and I got my emulation action back in business. I even bought the wireless XBox 360 controller to use with the PC and play games. Because of this, and because VC games are still overpriced, I feel like I should only buy VC games that are multi-player and need to go on the TV, i.e: River City Ransom.
    What about Double Dragon?
  • What about Double Dragon?
    It's a classic, but it's not fun to play.
  • There is also some Dungeon game that allows up to 5 players. Can't recall the name though I did get it.
  • YES!!!!Finally! It's about time that Nintendo cametotheirfuckin' senses. I am overflowing with joy!
    You can get one called "Games n' Music" at walmart for like $20 and a 2gb micro SD cards for around $12. I use nester DS and it works great. Most games work, but sometimes you need to up the speed of the game (which is easy). The card works fine but you can't use pirated copies of DS games on it. If all you want is to play NES game portable then this is fine.
  • I'd like something to allow me to play some old crappy DOS games on my DS. For example the old "Gold Box" AD&D games for PC would be nice. As long as the bottom screen emulates a keyboard most old DOS games would run fine.
  • I'd like something to allow me to play some old crappy DOS games on my DS. For example the old "Gold Box" AD&D; games for PC would be nice. As long as the bottom screen emulates a keyboard most old DOS games would run fine.
    Good luck with that.
  • I'd like something to allow me to play some old crappy DOS games on my DS. For example the old "Gold Box" AD&D; games for PC would be nice. As long as the bottom screen emulates a keyboard most old DOS games would run fine.
    Good luck with that.
    Oh dear God no. Do you remember the font and text size that SSI used in their games? Your eyes would try to focus on that tiny screen to the point that they would rip themselves right out of your face.