This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I found another quality podcast!

Thought I'd share.

Geeks On has the same flavors of geek that GeekNights does, but they have a very different format and style. I've subscribed to them after two shows since they have a great production quality and have remained very entertaining. I highly recommend checking them out.

I also sent them an e-mail pointing them this way as they were lamenting the lack of good podcasts out there. I think that the audiences for both shows will likely form some monstrous geek pudding of some sort since the cross-over listener potential is really high in my opinion.

Comments

• Downloading, will give my verdict in a few hours.
  • edited May 2008
    I actually discovered Geeknights via their forums, and recommended them in an older thread here.
    Post edited by Paulathon on
  • I actually discovered Geeknights via their forums, and recommended them in an older thread here.
    Really? Gads, I've been scooped!
  • Have you listened to the two Valentine's Day eps yet? For Emily fans, imagine four girl geeks replacing the main hosts!
  • I think I might have listened to this before. The sound is a little odd, but I see that they had Joss Whedon on one of their past episodes. I'll have to check it out.
  • I think I might have listened to this before. The sound is a little odd, but I see that they had Joss Whedon on one of their past episodes. I'll have to check it out.
    I saw that too. They also talk about BSG. I've already subscribed. I don't know when I'll be able to listen, but I'm looking forward to another geeky podcast.
  • edited May 2008
    Geeks On are okay, but sometimes their news bits annoy me. They have a tendency to bring up society or tech news that I've already heard on other podcasts, but present it in a very shallow (or sometimes just plain false) manner. When prompted for more by the other hosts, they just do a verbal shrug and move on. The main bits are pretty enjoyable, though.

I can't stand the Valentine's Day episodes. Women giggling into a microphone about how the regular hosts are such dorks, for two hours, isn't my idea of a good podcast.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • Have you listened to the two Valentine's Day eps yet? For Emily fans, imagine four girl geeks replacing the main hosts!
    You had me at gir in girl. iTunes don't fall me now.
  • I checked out the site and they already have swag.
    Uh oh Scrym, the audience is starting to sway...
    ^_^
  • edited May 2008
    Uh oh Scrym, the audience is starting to sway...
    ^_^
    Wait for the weekend. I have a surprise that will win them back.
    swag.
    Post edited by gomidog on
    Meh. Swag is great and all, but I'd rather have a high quality podcast with no swag than a mediocre podcast with swag. Geek Nights For Life! Ride or Die! :P
  • edited May 2008
    I tried listening to that Valentine's Day episode. It was like listening to prime time gossip TV. I didn't last past their news segment. They said a whole lotta nothing during that segment. I'll try another episode with out three girls just saying " I know!" to each other.
    I have to say, I'm glad Geeknights doesn't say the word "geek" every sentence on their show.

* edit* I just wanted to add that I tried to skip around on this episode to see if there was something interesting to listen to later. What I got was:
    "I'm nostalgic about Nintendo , they did that Super Mario brothers thing"
    .... thing?
    >.> Ok. I've stuck a fork in this episode.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • edited May 2008
    I encountered this show before and I didn't continue because of the V day ep. Well I tried it again and so far I like it.
    Geek Nights For Life! Ride or Die! :P
    *hip hop*Geek or die mutha fucker! Geek or die! Geek or die!*hip hop *
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I listened to a couple of episodes, but it wasn't to great. I only enjoyed the episodes with the girl geeks talking. It's nice to have some non-men talking into you brain every now and then.
  • Non-men talking into your brain? That sounds like the creepiest thing I've heard all day! The non-men are crazy! Keep them out of my head!