This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Good God, I'm 21.

edited May 2008 in Everything Else
Its a Quarter past one in the morning and I can't sleep, so before I go take an oxazepam and go back to bed, I figured I'd make a quick post to say woot, 21 trips around the sun.

Work in a few hours, too. Knackers.

Comments

• Congratulations, but it is only the beginning :P
  • but it is only the beginning :P
    of the end.
  • When I turned 21, I went to the liquor store (which I'd frequented long before I turned 21) and purchased my first legal alcohol (a bottle of gin). They said hello, and didn't even ask for my ID. I was vaguely disappointed.
  • Oh god, lock your doors, shut your windows, we here have this calamity of a 21 year old running into town AHHHHHHHHHHH!

That was how mine went, they even announced it on the radio too, pretty cool if I do say so...but why was everyone cowering in their houses when I was walking around? Oh well.
  • When I turned 21 I ate apple custard cake with my family. It was the best cake ever, and it wasn't a lie :D
  • Hooray for arbitrary numbers.
  • When I turned 21, I went to the liquor store (which I'd frequented long before I turned 21) and purchased my first legal alcohol (a bottle of gin). They said hello, and didn't even ask for my ID. I was vaguely disappointed.
    What type of drink would be the best drink for your 21st birthday?
  • Wine is always a good option :P
    190 proof Everclear.
  • I remember going to Fuddruckers with friends and I got the crappiest gift ever on my 21st. It would of been funny if it was a joke gift but the guy was serious. -_-;

Anyway happy bday dude. Go get drunk.
    Same thing happened to me when I was 18, legal age in Australia - I tried hinting at it, but eventualy just gave up and handed it over even though the cashier had sad "No, really, its alright."
    When I turned 21, I went to the liquor store (which I'd frequented long before I turned 21) and purchased my first legal alcohol (a bottle of gin). They said hello, and didn't even ask for my ID. I was vaguely disappointed.
    Guinness!

Heh, actualy, the first drink I had when I turned eighteen was rum, and the second a whiskey. The first bottle of booze I bought was Southern Comfort!

(More when I get home from work, I kinda tapped this out on the way out the door.)
  • What type of drink would be the best drink for your 21st birthday?
    Have a Manhattan, or a Jameson and coke. Something classy. You'll learn pretty-much immediately what kind of drinker you are.
  • Yeah, 21. Good times.
    ... Good god, I'm 23 at midnight....
  • 21, I was playing D&D and didn't actually have my first drink till nearly 22. I'm not a geek or anything...
    A proper martini. Pour gin into a glass and give a nod towards France.

Optionally, dirty martini, on the rocks. Loves me some olive juice.
  • 21, I was playing D&D; and didn't actually have my first drink till nearly 22. I'm not a geek or anything...
    and you've been making up for it ever since...
  • I'm 17 (18 in october) and I currently don't drink.
    When I turn 21, I don't think I'm going to use it as an excuse to start drinking. I already could have started drinking if I really wanted to, so I don't see why I should start when I'm 21...
  • ed 21, I went to the liquor store (which I'd frequented long before I turned 21) and purchased my first legal alcohol (a bottle of gin). They said hello, and didn't even ask for my ID. I was vaguely disappointed.
    What if you want to drink a hard liquor, what do you do if that's the case?
  • edited May 2008
    Rym and I went to the Blue Note (a jazz club in the west village) for my twenty first. You can't get in if you are under twenty-one (unless you are the pianist), so it was my first time at a Jazz House. We got Manhattans and a good time was had by all. The first alcohol I bought was Choya Umeshu (a type of plum wine) which I gave to my parents as a gift.
    Post edited by gomidog on