This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Half Life 2 Single Player Mods - Suggestions please

edited May 2008 in Video Games
I absolutely love Half Life 2 and I'd to like hear any suggestions you folks may have on some entertaining single player mods.

Comments

• I absolutely love Half Life 2 and I'd to like hear any suggestions you folks may have on some entertaining single player mods.
    I was just looking at mods yesterday. It seems like all of the really well-produced mods for Half-Life and/or Source are listed in the Steam Store. There is a special mod section, and there were a handful of single-player selections in there. I think that's really the best place to get started.

Another thing you can do is just go get additional maps for existing games. For example, there are many Portal map packs out there.
  • edited May 2008
    hl2mods.co.uk and you probably want this section (Any genre, Single Player, Released).
    Minerva is meant to be one of the good ones.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Thanks for the info. It's great that the mods are available right in Steam now. I use to have to go to a mods database website and dig deep into the mods and decide if the HL2 mod descriptions they had sounded good. I have played Minerva and enjoyed it, can't wait to check out some of the others on the hl2mods site.
  • I know there was a mod out there that imported the Portal gun into the single player campaign. There is also a co-op campaign mod out there that looks fun.
  • edited May 2008
    I know there was a mod out there that imported the Portal gun into the single player campaign.
    More of a hack than a mod, you need to import the HL2 maps into Portal.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • There is also a co-op campaign mod out there that looks fun.
    Yeah, I saw it in the Steam Store. Thinking of trying it.
  • There was one called something like Rock 24 that was pretty good.