This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

edited May 2008 in Everything Else
Is the greatest animated television series ever created. Discuss how amazing it is.

Comments

• The Brak Show is better.

• The Brak Show is better.
    It's a close second.

• It gave us Aqua Teen Hunger Force. For that alone it deserves mad props.
  • SGC2C is awesome in that late night all alone in the dark surreal sort of way. For some humor that is good at any time, Cartoon Planet was the place to go. Straight up Space Ghost, Zorak, Brak shenanigans.

• What made Space Ghost awesome were the "interviews," the awkward conversations, and Sonny Sharrock. Cartoon Planet had none of those things.
  • I could never get into Space Ghost. I would find one or two minutes chuckle-worthy every now and then, but it was usually just too dull (for my taste).
  • I could never get into Space Ghost. I would find one or two minutes chuckle-worthy every now and then, but it was usually just too dull (for my taste).
    The awkwardness, constant pausing, and lack of jokes were what was so funny.
  • The awkwardness, constant pausing, and lack of jokes were what was so funny.
    Wait, so the lack of humour is what made the show so funny?
  • I loved Space Ghost a ton. Still, I gotta give it to Cartoon Planet more.
  • edited May 2008
    Wait, so the lack of humour is what made the show so funny?
    Not lack of, just unconventional.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • The best episode is when Space Ghost follows an ant for most of the show.
  • The best episode is when Space Ghost follows an ant for most of the show.
    The enjoyability of Space Ghost is directly proportional to the lateness of the hour, reaching a peak around 3:45am, whereupon it slowly drops to near-zero just as the sun rises, remaining so until the cycle starts again the next sunset.
  • The enjoyability of Space Ghost is directly proportional to the lateness of the hour, reaching a peak around 3:45am, whereupon it slowly drops to near-zero just as the sun rises, remaining so until the cycle starts again the next sunset.
    Space Ghost is also one of those few things that are more enjoyable when there are fewer people about. There's a reason this show was on so late at night, so that you would only ever watch it alone in the dark. If they had put it on at a decent hour, it never would have made it.
  • The enjoyability of Space Ghost is directly proportional to the lateness of the hour, reaching a peak around 3:45am, whereupon it slowly drops to near-zero just as the sun rises, remaining so until the cycle starts again the next sunset.
    Space Ghost is also one of those few things that are more enjoyable when there are fewer people about. There's a reason this show was on so late at night, so that you would only ever watch it alone in the dark. If they had put it on at a decent hour, it never would have made it.
  • There was an amazing twist of fate one day when I spent the whole day watching nothing but Space Ghost episodes. The next day I learned that Alex Toth (creator of Space Ghost) died yesterday. I felt that I unintentionally made the greatest tribute to him ever and I don't think such a thing will ever happen again.
  • The next day I learned that Alex Toth (creator of Space Ghost) died yesterday. I felt that I unintentionally made the greatest tribute to him ever and I don't think such a thing will ever happen again.
    Speaking of Toth (and I know this isn't an art thread), here are some scans of Alex Toth ripping Steve Rude to shreds over some Johnny Quest pages that Rude asked Toth for a critique on. Useful stuff for any artist, and amusing to anyone else, I'd think.
  • http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5133865343811972487
    I just started watching this again last night and I wonder why I stopped doing so as there are so many funny episodes I have yet to see and this is one of them.