This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I failed a forum search. (a.k.a. - There's a lot of stuff to search through.)

edited May 2008 in Everything Else
I was just looking through the forums for the show/thread on how Rym edits the Geeknight podcast, but I am failing. Does someone recall the name of the show? (I tried thumbing through the categories from the home page, but didn't see it. I've searched the forums on just about every combination of Geeknights, podcast, edit, and filter to no avail.) There's a friend of mine who does a gaming podcast, and I was trying to tell him about all the editing this show goes through but am providing less detail than could be considered useful.

I know Rym mentioned a podcasting manual every now and then in the past, but I don't recall if that was completed.

p.s. - I also tried thumbing through the archives available from the home page, but that's prohibitively slow at 5 entries per page (especially as the number of show is somewhere between 400 and 500). An archive that just shows the titles of a show might respond a little faster and allow for a much larger number of shows to be displayed per page.

Comments

• Scripts. All Rym does is run some scripts specially tailored to run all the filters at the proper settings to make Rym and Scott sound like awesome instead of crap.

As for the filters it runs, if I recall correctly it runs a low pass filter first, then a high pass, and then shortens pauses between words and applies some more unknown filters/stuff. Don't know which episode Rym talked about the stuff in more detail though. My guess would be the questions episode(s).
  • Scripts. All Rym does is run some scripts specially tailored to run all the filters at the proper settings to make Rym and Scott sound like awesome instead of crap.

As for the filters it runs, if I recall correctly it runs a low pass filter first, then a high pass, and then shortens pauses between words and applies some more unknown filters/stuff. Don't know which episode Rym talked about the stuff in more detail though. My guess would be the questions episode(s).
    That information is what I had for my friend. I was hoping to find the actual episode.
  • He wrote a podguide in the forum.
  • Does this warrant a Geeknights FAQ?
  • Does this warrant a Geeknights FAQ?
    Hasn't the idea of a FAQ and/or wiki been being thrown around for months now?
    Regardless, I'm as all for it now as I was (which is 100% for it).
  • Hasn't the idea of a FAQ and/or wiki been being thrown around for months now?
    Regardless, I'm as all for it now as I was (which is 100% for it).
    I second that motion.