This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Greenback to go braille?

edited May 2008 in Everything Else
Court says money discriminates against blind people

Best line:
The court ruled 2-1 that such adaptations were insufficient. The government might as well argue that, since handicapped people can crawl on all fours or ask for help from strangers, there's no need to make buildings wheelchair accessible, the court said.

Comments

• I hope this results in changing of our money. US paper money is so fucking ugly compared to money from just about every other country.
  • I hope this results in changing of our money. US paper money is so fucking ugly compared to money from just about every other country.
    I felt bad looking at the new 5's when they dropped. Ew.
    Are these more beautiful paper monies you speak off also accessible to the blind?
    Are these more beautiful paper monies you speak off also accessible to the blind?
    I guess they could have like "indents" so that blind people would be able to "feel" the worth of their bill.
    I guess they could have like "indents" so that blind people would be able to "feel" the worth of their bill.
    I can just hear the late night comedians now:

In other news, The US Treasury has begun to print money with a more accurate value to it. Note how this new five dollar bill has a very large hole in the middle...
    I can just hear the late night comedians now:

In other news, The US Treasury has begun to print money with a more accurate value to it. Note how this new five dollar bill has a very large hole in the middle...
    I haven't read the article you linked to, but I would find it a good idea to at least make the bills different sizes and color (like the Euro) so that its easier for old people with less eyesight and blind people to distinguish between the bills. And yes, I know that blind people wouldn't be able to see the colors..
  • Or we could just switch entirely to coin money.
  • RymRym
    edited May 2008
    The solution is credit/debit/cash cards. Simple.

(Everyone but the street vendors takes cards in New York).
    Post edited by Rym on
  • The solution is credit/debit/cash cards. Simple.

That was brought up in the article and elicited the response I posted above.
  • The solution is credit/debit/cash cards. Simple.

What about under the table transactions?