This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mindless Self Indulgence

edited May 2008 in Everything Else
People have made entire threads devoted to bands I'd never heard of in the past, so I feel no shame in creating one about a band you probably have heard of.

MSI is a one-trick pony, but their one trick is a good one. This band, with it's unique fusion of punk/electronica/hip-hop, is well known for it's liberal use of foul language, high-powered live performances, and incredibly narrow subject matter. If you've never heard or seriously listened to them before, look no further than the videos below.

"Bitches"
wuVOCf2T7As

"Shut Me Up"(directed by Jhonen Vasquez)
qnSPPnUPyLA

"Clarissa" Live
BF9BgIOb2Ew

Comments

• edited May 2008
    I went to see them in Baltimore earlier this month. They sound damn awesome live! Did you check out their latest CD yet? It's pretty good but what you would expect from them.

Best album from them in my opinion, Frankenstein girls.

Yes, I am a total fangirl for this band.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Hey...wait a minute.
  • Every song is the same.
  • edited May 2008
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Impressive.
  • edited May 2008
    One of the first AMV's I seen. :P I gotta find the Armitage one.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I'm not a fan, really. At first I was like "omg, this is sweet" cause I was into the chiptune they sometimes used.
    Then I realized that indeed, every song is pretty much the same damn thing. Thus, I don't listen to them anymore, nor can I take them seriously.
  • Hey...wait a minute.
    Wasn't there already a thread about this like, a hundred years ago?

Also, I was cool with MSI, up until I saw a video of Jimmy Urine spectacularly demonstrating WHY he has that pseudonym.

Yeah.
  • Wasn't there already a thread about this like, a hundred years ago?
    If there is, I can't find one.
  • They are playing in Troy NY at Revolution Hall July 1st. I may go see them but I am standing in the balcony to avoid any mishaps.
  • They are playing in Troy NY at Revolution Hall July 1st. I may go see them but I am standing in the balcony to avoid any mishaps. having Jimmy pee on me.
    Fixed.

• This is how I heard about MSI
  • This bitch doesn't love them because they don't really rock. ^_^
  • I really don't care for most of their stuff, but they do a killer version of "Tom Sawyer"
  • edited May 2008
    I really don't care for most of their stuff, but they do a killer version of "Tom Sawyer"
    Oh wow, I forgot about that. I think that was the reason why I stopped listening to them, honestly. If by "killer", you mean murdering the song, then yes you're right.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • I like their cover of Method Man's Bring the Pain.
  • edited May 2008
    No.

These songs pale in comparison to this:
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Nice, Vhdblood. Nice.
  • I think Straight to Video is their worst song. It's the only song I hate from them.

The music video is the best one ever though! Argh!
  • I cannot listen to them non-ironically, one of my friends had the tape, and I'm pretty sure listened to them sheerly in amazement of the band's shitiness. The cassette player in my old Subaru Legacy with the steering wheel on wrong side (which is the right side) valiantly sacrificed itself and ate this tape so badly that we couldn't get it out.
  • Eh, when a pony can only do one trick, it's bound to get old.
    As Bear Police said, all their songs sound really similar.