This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Friday Night Party Line #28.

edited June 2008 in Everything Else
With a decidedly economic focus, Scott, Rym, Howard and I chewed through an hour or so of podcasting scenery. Here are the topics:

--What is the nature of sociometry? How much does attractiveness play a role? How does this translate to the internet?

--Dependency on oil will stop when:
a) we get a new president
b) the price of gasoline gets high enough
c) inevitably over time
d) it doesn't matter because an asteroid will hit the earth and kill us all.
e) other.

--In a world where information wants to be free, why are lawyers so expensive?

--With cable tv, FM and satellite radio, IP TV, podcasts and god knows what else fragmenting media, what does this media fragmentation mean for content providers and for media companies themselves?

--What will the effect of the pull back in the credit markets be on the private equity world? Does it matter to consumers?

Direct download.
iTunes

Comments

• Oooh? New person? Rym Howard...

Downloading as I write this, seeing the short list of topics that probably means a lot of discussion on all of them.
  • Oooh? New person? Rym Howard...

Downloading as I write this, seeing the short list of topics that probably means a lot of discussion on all of them.
    Yes, Rym Howard, great grandson of this guy:

• --In a world where information wants to be free, why arelawyers so expensive?
    In the book Moving Mars by Greg Bear he discusses the idea of Legal Logic:

"The Earth Society of Social and Political Patterns had developed a language called Legal Logic, with three thousand base concepts derived from international and interplanetary laws. This language was specially designed for fixed analysis; interpretation became less an art, and more a science."

This is then used in very much the same way as Rym and/or Scott were outlining in the FNPL podcast.

Thanks for the entertaining show!