This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

American Psycho

edited June 2008 in Movies
Directed by Mary Harron, released in 2000, based on Bret Ellis's novel of the same name. Stars Christian Bale as the cool, quick witted Patrick Batemen, who is either transhuman or hallucinating, based on your interpretation. The movie is very well written and quotable, shifting from black comedy to horror to surreal drug trip and back again. Stylistically, it reminded me of Naked Lunch, though it's much more violent. I'm really stoked for The Dark Knight now, which also stars Bale in a lead role. I bought the book, too, and cannot wait to start reading it.

Comments

• Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
  • Do you like Phil Collins?
  • I saw the movie and found it fun, though not a great piece of cinema (in my opinion). I attempted to read the book, but it was such a clunky read that I couldn't get through it.
  • I'm really stoked forThe Dark Knightnow, which also stars Bale in a lead role.
    Were you not excited about the movie before?
  • Were you not excited about the movie before?
    I saw the original three years ago and can barely remember it. I know it was good, but I didn't realize until American Psycho how amazing Bale. Had I not seen AP, I'd still be excited, but not as much as I now am.
  • Ah! AP was a really fun movie to watch. My favorite scene was the raincoat scene.

Unfortunately, it spurred on AP 2 which had an awful premise.
  • I'm really stoked forThe Dark Knightnow,
    I'm even more stoked for Gotham Knight.
  • I'm even more stoked forGotham Knight.
    I'd watch it for Burnett and Goyer's shorts, but the others I could care less about.