This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tim Russert just died

edited June 2008 in Everything Else

Comments

• Yeah, the newsroom here was pretty shocked.
  • He was the best political pundit on TV. He will be missed.
  • Everyone seems to be sad, so I think it's safe to assume this person was well liked and will be missed. I must admit, I had never heard of this person before in my entire life until a few hours ago.
  • Everyone seems to be sad, so I think it's safe to assume this person was well liked and will be missed. I must admit, I had never heard of this person before in my entire life until a few hours ago.
    Echoed.
  • MSNBC Meet the Press site. Lots of great stuff on there. I am honestly surprised that anyone on here would not know of Tim Russert.
  • Well, he's up there now with Big Russ, and I'm sure they're looking down at us, having a scotch together.
  • edited June 2008
    I had never heard of this person before in my entire life until a few hours ago.
    I guess you don't watch the Daily Show. That's the only way I've heard of him, but they show clips of him all the time.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • He had a lot of ties to Cleveland because he went to college and law school here. He would also make frequent appearances here. His passing saddens me because he was very good at what he did.
  • Scott doesn't follow politics.

I find it amazing that, within a day of his passing, ordinary citizens can view, on the Internet, the specific details of his death. It really says something about medical and computer technology.
  • Tough shoes to fill

Not only was Russert awesome on the air but what he did off the air is even more impressive.