This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Keytar.

edited June 2008 in Everything Else
Does anyone here play one? What's a good model to purchase for your first keytar?

Comments

• Keytars are awesome! I don't know much about keytars but for keyboards I trust Roland. They make a keytar called AX-7, see if anywhere has one you can jam on.

• I saw Dream Theater in Sydney earlier this year and there was a long Keytar solo. Its definitely one of my top favourite instruments for sheer silly coolness.
  • Oh manz. I think I need one.
  • I saw Dream Theater in Sydney earlier this year and there was a long Keytar solo. Its definitely one of my top favourite instruments for sheer silly coolness.
    Watching Jordan Ruddess and John Petrucci have a keytar/guitar battle was totally epic.
  • They still make keytars? Why???
  • edited June 2008
    [awesome video]
    They still make keytars? Why???
    They feature in awesome videos.
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • They still make keytars? Why???
    Because they're badass.
  • Badass indeed.

• I used to have one. It rocked! I never used it on stage though. For that I stuck to actual keyboards or actual guitars.
  • I'd get one just for the lolz that are keytars.
  • edited July 2008
    How goes the keytaring?

Speaking of funny instruments, I reckon I'll build myself a Whamola.

Post edited by Sail on
  • How goes the keytaring?
    Not well. I didn't realize how expensive they were.
  • Man...I wants me a keytar. That's probably the only instrument I could play on stage that would make me look badass.
  • I didn't realize how expensive they were.
    Did you check here? Some of those aren't too bad.
  • Jem had a keytar player, so it must be awesome!
  • edited July 2008
    I like how there's no bass player, because it's an inaudible instrument that no one has heard of. Yeah! A band with four guitars totally works!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2008
    I like how there's no bass player, because it's an inaudible instrument that no one has heard of.
    Huh? Both the Holograms and the Misfits (both pictured) have bass players, I thought.
    Edit: The character Shana Elmsford played Synth Drums, Bass Guitarist and Backup Vocals for the Holograms and Roxanne 'Roxy' Pellegrini was the Bassist and provided Backup Vocals for the Misfits.
    I miss that show.... *tear
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited July 2008
    Ohh, I thought this was one whole band. Yeah, you're right, the far left and far right are basses. I'm stupid.

For the record, I've never heard of this show.

lol synth drums. That's a funny instrument too.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Awww... the eighties....
  • Did you checkhere? Some of those aren't too bad.
    The ones that I assume are in good condition are all $1,000+
  • The coolest keytar by far is the Zen Riffer.
  • Did you checkhere? Some of those aren't too bad.
    The ones that I assume are in good condition are all $1,000+
    Man, I could SO see myself getting one of those and starting an 80's cover band. Specifically A-ha songs.