This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

China's 'Nuclear' Earthquake?

edited June 2008 in Everything Else
I have no idea how legit this site is as I have never heard of it and the name sounds like it is a kook site.
Boxun News, a Chinese-language Web site based outside China, reported that an unnamed expert has claimed that there was a nuclear explosion near the epicenter of the Sichuan earthquake, based on witness reports and the discovery of concrete rubble believed to have come from an underground military installation. The news of this nuclear explosion has raised questions about the cause of the earthquake.
Nuclear Explosion Occurred Near Epicenter of the Sichuan Earthquake, Expert Says

All I can say is that if it were triggered by a nuke I would imagine seismologists all over the world would have been talking about it.

Comments

• All I can say is that if it were triggered by a nuke I would imagine seismologists all over the world would have been talking about it.
    Was about to say..
  • Wouldn't the earthquake cover up the blast? Sounds like a cool sci-fi plot tho.
  • I was also thinking about that. But I'm sure a natural earthquake would differ from the explosion of a nuclear bomb.
  • Seems like they are known for fake news or trying to start this kind of stuff.
  • Whatever gets you high rankings, eh?
  • I think this is very unlikely considering they can easily figure out when a country does a nuclear underground test normally. It would only make sense if the nuke and the earthquake happened simultaneously which wouldn't happen if the nuke caused the earthquake.
  • I think this is very unlikely considering they can easily figure out when a country does a nuclear underground test normally. It would only make sense if the nuke and the earthquake happened simultaneously which wouldn't happen if the nuke caused the earthquake.
    What if the earthquake caused the nuke? Killed all the failsafes and such.
  • Well if it did you would see in the seismic activity the waves of the nuke before you saw the ways for the earthquake. At least from my basic understanding of plate tectonics and earthquakes.
  • Meltdown could have been caused by an earthquake but I doubt a nuclear explosion could be. I doubt China would have had two halves of a critical mass close enough to be jiggled together in an earthquake.
  • Meltdown could have been caused by an earthquake but I doubt a nuclear explosion could be. I doubt China would have had two halves of a critical mass close enough to be jiggled together in an earthquake.
    Maybe one of those scientist was making a penis joke and just happened to have a couple of Plutonium spheres in his hands for effect?