This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hey HMTKSteve: Quartile review at Boardgamenews.com

edited June 2008 in Board Games
HMTKSteve: In case you missed it, your game got reviewed at boardgamenews.com. I'm not sure it's a glowing review, nor is it a scathing review....You can go look for yourself.

Quartile review

I think he's saying that scoring is very dependent on your luck when drawing tiles, but that it's very family-friendly. I'll have to try it sometime.

Comments

• We going to get a geekback on this sometime?
  • What kind of review is that? Very odd.
  • Did you have to send him a review copy?
  • Wait, that's a review?
  • Wait, that's a review?
    That's whey I was wondering if he gave a review copy. If so, I'd want the copy back.
  • Wait, that's a review?
    That's whey I was wondering if he gave a review copy. If so, I'd want the copy back.
    Definitely. That was pathetic.
  • Yeah, I should probably have put review in quotes....
  • edited June 2008
    The publisher may have sent them one, I didn't.

I offered one up to Rym and Scott but they never responded. I think I have two of the production job sets in my game room still boxed up.

I don't know if I'd call that review. If drawing (the randomness) bothers you that much just deal all the tiles out ahead of time.

Part of the game is setting things up for yourself. Certain combinations are "needed" more than others but the need for any given number is always the same (I think each number appears and is needed 24 times. There were some changes for the production set.)

There are also some reviews on BGG. If we have the GeekNights Game Day I'll bring a few copies along.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Weakest review ever, man.