This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Take THAT, Creationists!

edited June 2008 in News
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I can think of some potential counter-arguments, but, well, this is pretty damn definitive evidence of evolutionary adaptations' existence and implementations in biology.

Comments

• Yeah it's pretty cool. It was mentioned on show 080616
  • The true believer will just tell you that it was a case of God sticking his hand in the petri dish and making the change.
  • The true believer will just tell you that it was a case of God sticking his hand in the petri dish and making the change.
    True that. You can't argue with stupid.
  • edited June 2008
    True that. You can't argue with stupid.
    Actually, that is the only thing you can do with stupid.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited June 2008
    The true believer will just tell you that it was a case of God sticking his hand in the petri dish and making the change.
    Yes, but at least with that kind of "true believer" it might be possible to convince them that evolution is God's "chosen" mechanism.

Of course, I do say might be possible, with might in italics.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I can think of some potential counter-arguments, but, well, this is pretty damn definitive evidence of evolutionary adaptations' existence and implementations in biology.
    We've had this sort of evidence forever. I mean, how else would we have MRSA?

It's nice to have more to add to the pile, but really, this won't convince anyone who doesn't already believe in evolution.
  • edited June 2008
    this won't convince anyone who doesn't already believe in evolution.
    True enough. Essentially, what they do is split up evolution into two types, which they call "micro" and "macro", but the truth is that what they're really doing is splitting evolution into a kind they don't care about, and a kind they cannot allow.

Then they will always claim (wrongly, of course) that we have no evidence of evolution of the kind they cannot allow, but they're fine with the kind they don't care about.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on