This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Question

edited July 2008 in Everything Else
Does anyone know the DC character, "The Question"? He's been around for quite some time. At the moment, Renee Montoya has taken over the character's "duties".

He's a cool character. He inspired Rorschach.

I couldn't help but be reminded of The Question when I saw this. I want one of these masks. Although I guess I'd better either get contacts or have Lasiks done before I could wear one.

I wonder if people might actually start wearing these to defeat those ubiquitous street cameras in Albion? That'd be a cool way of keeping your privacy from those cameras.

Comments

• Does anyone know the DC character, "The Question"?He's been around for quite some time. At the moment,Renee Montoyahas taken over the character's "duties".

He's a cool character. He inspired Rorschach.

I couldn't help but be reminded of The Question when I sawthis.I want one of these masks. Although I guess I'd better either get contacts or have Lasiks done before I could wear one.

I wonder if people might actually start wearing these to defeat those ubiquitous street cameras in Albion? That'd be a cool way of keeping your privacy from those cameras.
    I never heard of The Question before now, but it looks like an interesting character. Any series/specific comic story lines that you recommend? (Also, I want one of those masks.)
  • I never heard of The Question before now, but it looks like an interesting character. Any series/specific comic story lines that you recommend? (Also, I want one of those masks.)
    I've seen collections of the Charlton stories. They were drawn by Steve Ditko, the original Spiderman artist. The Charlton art was way out and kind of psychedelic.

The character had a return in DC in the mid 80s. I don't know if it's been collected into a TPB, but here is an auction for the individual comics. It was a pretty good run.

Renee Montoya is playing The Question in a lot of the Bat titles currently.
  • If you want to know about Renne Montoya, you should read Gotham Central.
  • They have the 1st and 2nd TPBs on Amazon. I'm not sure if they even made a third.
  • They have the 1st and 2nd TPBs on Amazon. I'm not sure if they even made a third.
    Of Gotham Central? There are 5 volumes, but now they are being reprinted in new hardcovers.
    Of Gotham Central? There are 5 volumes, but now they are being reprinted in new hardcovers.
    I'm sure Solo is talking about the Question trades. DC is finally putting out O'Niel's run for '89. I fell in love with the character when he became prominent in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon. His whole Zen Buddhism approach to crime fighting is interesting, if you're into that sort of thing.
  • Classic is right. I looked on Amazon and saw O'Niel's.