This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Battle Angel Alita.

I absolutely love this series, and after re-reading, I want to know your thoughts.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    The first series was awesome. I have it all (bought some of it twice -- I had about the first 6 volumes from Viz's old release, the one that was bigger, and flipped for left-to-right -- but I lost them). I got hooked when I saw the anime in the '90s. I'm a complete sucker for post-apocalyptic and cyberpunk themes, so there you go. Alita (I really wish they stuck with Gally in the English translation -- Alita sounds so cheesy) is a really endearing character. And I love Kishiro's art.

Now, as for Last Order -- I've read the first 3 volumes, and it hasn't really grabbed me. Kishiro's art also seems to have suffered a bit. I know he had a long layoff, I think because he was ill. Maybe that's why. I'll stick with it for a while. Hell, I'll probably end up buying all of it anyway, even if it doesn't get any better. I think Daryl Surat said it turns into a shounen fighting tournament... But yeah -- kinda disappointing.
    Post edited by Funfetus on