This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What happens when one of "us" runs for government

2»

Comments

• I guess "drawing well" is just really subjective.
    I guess the point is that he's good enough that he doesn't have to draw stick figures, just chooses to.
  • edited July 2008
    From what I heard is that he chose stick figures because he wanted to convey the stories/jokes rather than the artwork. However, while we can see that he can draw landscapes and geometry well, we have yet to see a non-stick-figure human character except for the Barrel Boy.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on

It's OK..
  • Does he really need to be that skilled at drawing? To make expressive stick figures you don't need that much skill to be effective.
  • I think he chooses that plain, cut-and-dry style because it fits well with the mathy nature of the comic.
    He said at Rofl-con that it was because simpler is better and that the humor was in the words so the art didn't have to be that complicated.
  • edited July 2008
    imageMario$

"Talk Like a Pirate Day" and "Walk like a Ninja Day" would be a national holiday and Mario would replace that Indian killer Andrew Jackson on the 20. ( all I could find was a single
    )
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • is actual usage of a pencil, and didn't say anything about talent or skill.
    It was however what I was aiming at. You see, most people are able to make 'decent' and relatively consistent stick figures with ms paint. However, with a pencil it is, even though they're only stickfigures, a lot harder to draw consistently and good. Something which requires some degree of skill.
  • Jhonen Vasquez draws the best stick figure known to man. XD