This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Civ IV game this weekend?

edited July 2008 in Video Games
Any ideas on a good time for everyone?

Comments

• I'm available either early Saturday or mid-day Sunday.
  • We're doing FNPL tonight, so it would have to be late. I'm not going anywhere this weekend, so almost any time would be good, though Saturday evening is probably best.
  • How about after we finish preparing for conventions and playing Tribes 2. That sounds like a good time.
  • edited July 2008
    We're doing FNPL tonight, so it would have to be late.
    I can do late tonight as well. I'm going to see Dark Knight at 7:30 so I'll be back by 11ish I suppose. I don't know what you guys define as "late", I'm still running on college time.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Well, I would guesstimate this will be more of a later Saturday thing (7-8 pm proposed start time). We got up and running a few hours after, due to testing out various ways to try and get a few players on. I believe we also figured out a way for later comers to join on a later point as one of the AI players, but you are subject to any prior progress they made. Try to make sure that you have a Skype account listed on IShare if you would like to participate (or at least listen in) to the trashtalk.
  • You could always play while you are on FNPL :-p

"So Rym what do you think about.."

"MOTHER Fing Aztecs"

"well, that wasn't the topic at hand, but...."
  • @Cremlian:

Ok, I laughed out loud here at my desk, and everyone's looking at me.
  • Well, the problem with Saturday is that the Avatar movie starts at eight...
    How long does that last?
    I know, I know, I know..... I am volunteering at a charity fundraiser to help victims of domestic violence, but I told them I had to leave by 7:30 p.m. to see Avatar. Yes, I would burn in hell if there was one.
  • It appears to be on until ten.

It doesn't matter that much, I would just stink up the game anyway.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, the first hour or so is playing with the Barbarians, anyways. Feel free to jump onto an AI character after.
    Post edited by Your Mom on
  • What difficult does everyone play here? I hope you guys play with raging barbarians ^_^
  • We have been playing noble on these larger games.
  • Just wondering, are you playing with the expansions?
  • Not yet. Not every one currently has or has access to expansions.
  • No, I am playing through gametap and only have access to Warlords. But not everyone has a particular expansion. So we play normal Civ IV
  • Not yet. Not every one currently has or has access to expansions.
    Julius Caesar is way overpowered in regular Civ IV, if I remember correctly.
  • We can temporarily hold of from using Ceasar for the time being.
  • I roll Caesar often. I bet they fixed it in a patch
  • We can temporarily hold of from using Ceasar for the time being.
    Yeah I just checked. In the original game his traits were Expansive and Organized whereas in Warlords he was changed to Imperialistic and Organized.
  • I'd be up for a Saturday game since we know how to get me in this time.
  • hmm... I'll be getting home from work sometime around 11:15 pm (EST), so maybe I could jump in for an AI...
  • Saturday Night is looking like the good night to do this. We'll shoot for 8 again. Now that we have the bugs worked out we should start on time. If you don't think you can make 8 we can start the game with AI that you can jump into.
  • I believe I'll be there.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not gonna be able to make this game. Me and a few friends are doing stuffs after work.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • edited July 2008
    We will be starting at 8:15-30 so Lisa and James can make it. I'll post the game information here in a bit. We will be playing an IP game.

Will Come by 8:30 pm EST:
    Your Mom
    Cremlian
    Rym
    zibblecoot
    Jameskun
    Alex

Will/May Come in Late (Making AI characters for):
    Andrew?
    linkigi?

Any other takers?
    Post edited by Your Mom on
  • Count me in.
  • Can you choose the AI you take over?
    If so, can you make an Asoka AI for me? Thanks.
  • I'll be on Skype in twenty minutes or so.