This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080722 - Mega Man

2»

Comments

• Also, you guys mentioned that the Castlevania Double Pack for GBA has the first 2 GBA games. Actually, it doesn't. The GBA games are, in order: Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow. The Double Pack has HoD and AoS, thus, the last 2 games, not the first two.
    Just pointing that out....
    The more you know.
  • Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, were quite great, being as they had something that all the other 3D Sonic (Heroes, Shadow, and the Next Gen one) games so sorely lacked: Polish.
    Sonic Adventure 2 really took advantage of the Dreamcast's hardware and gave PS2 level graphics.That system was truly ahead of its time.
  • Agreed, Except for Sonic Heroes (for its interesting game mechanic) and Shadow the Hedgehog (for being bad ass).
    You, sir, are dead to me. Sonic Adventure 1 had novelty value, but they should have accepted the franchise's place: 2D. Think about it, the presence of a third dimension completely ruins any attempt at gaining speed. With the 3D Sonics, any time I built up speed, I'd clip a corner, have to use that stupid homing attack and come to a stop, or get royally screwed by the camera and go flying off the screen. Sonic Heroes and Shadow just added salt to the wound by throwing in shaky "team gameplay" and inept gunplay, respectively.
  • edited July 2008
    Okay, I'll admit, the only time I played Sonic Heroes was during my breaks when I worked at EB Games. But as for Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog, You, sir, may die in a fire.
    If you want to debate this with me over Skype, bring it on. I will destroy you. *White glove slap*
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Skype? I think not. MSN is more of my thing.
  • I say skype because we can do it at the next Geek Talk Skypecast.
  • edited July 2008
    "Scott makes very ineffectual mechs that are covered in small lasers"

"I think you mentioned that already."

"I mention that everyday"

I lol'ed.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • "Scott makes very ineffectual mechs that are covered in small lasers"
    I'm sure they're effective against *something*. Certainly not against other mechs, but perhaps small rodent infestations?
  • They're good against Elementals. At least in MW3 the pc game they are.
  • Bob and George sucks, except for nostalgia for me.
  • I say skype because we can do it at the next Geek Talk Skypecast.
    And I say MSN so I can throw the convo up on The Edge of Sanity. >_>
  • Also
    Megaman -> Rockman
    Roll -> Roll
    Bass -> Forte
    Treble (Bass's dog wolf thing) -> Gospel
  • edited July 2008
    My only concern at all about Mega Man 9 at this point is whether or not they will be implementing awesome 8-bit muzaks like old or something along the lines of King Of Kong-style videogame interpretations. If its anything but one of those two things I will be extremely turned off.

Also, speaking of Mega Man's awesome music if anyone wants any of the soundtracks from I-VI, I uploaded them awhile back and here is the link
    Post edited by ThirdWorldMan on
  • That Air Man image is made of win.
  • So Rym, now that you have proclaimed that you think Castlevania II is the best NES Castlevania, I imagine you really hated the AVGN's review of it, no?
  • So Rym, now that you have proclaimed that you think Castlevania II is the best NES Castlevania, I imagine you really hated the AVGN's review of it, no?
    No, I found it hilarious.
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2008
    So Rym, now that you have proclaimed that you think Castlevania II is the best NES Castlevania, I imagine you really hated the AVGN's review of it, no?
    No, I found it hilarious.
    I don't get how you found it hilarious if you liked the game so much? Care to elaborate?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I don't get how you found it hilarious if you liked the game so much? Care to elaborate?
    Not every person in the world gets offended if someone doesn't like the same things they do.
  • Not every person in the world gets offended if someone doesn't like the same things they do.
    Only fan-peoples.
  • Not every person in the world gets offended if someone doesn't like the same things they do.
    This is the internet though.
  • I'm also one of those people who doesn't understand the Mega Man Legends hate. I assume a lot of it comes from fans who expected 3D Mega Man action like they were used to and were shocked by what it really was, but once you get past the fact that it's just a different kind of game, it really stands on its own. The gameplay is great; I don't know what the control issues are that people have mentioned here. I think it's well-written too, although the voice acting is a bit questionable for some characters. Legends 2 admittedly drew me in less, however - that was the one with the fire that Rym was talking about. It's got a bigger world, but somehow with less interesting stuff in it.

Taking things one step further, anyone a fan of The Misadventures of Tron Bonne?
  • The worst thing to ever happen to Sonic is when they did that whole thing where Knuckles or Rogue (this was in Sonic Adventure 2) had to find those bits of the chaos emerald or whatever. I could not understand why they would ever willingly ruin their game like that.
  • The worst thing to ever happen to Sonic is when they did that whole thing where Knuckles or Rogue (this was in Sonic Adventure 2) had to find those bits of the chaos emerald or whatever. I could not understand why they would ever willingly ruin their game like that.
    THANK YOU
    I was beginig to think that I was the only one who hated these sections.
    THANK YOU
    I was beginig to think that I was the only one who hated these sections.
    Absolutely not. You are just one among the legion of Sonic fans who despise SA2 for that reason and then some.
    Amen to that. It was barely tolerable in SA1, and then they made even more of a mess of it.
  • edited July 2008
    Those parts were kinda annoying at first, but after a while they were fun. It was a nice break from all that running and grinding and I preferred the music from those scenes better.

I am speaking only of Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic Adventure 1 was a piece of crap.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Those parts were kinda annoying at first, but after a while they were fun. It was a nice break from all that running and grinding and I preferred the music from those scenes better.

I am speaking only of Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic Adventure 1 was a piece of crap.
    Both games were pretty big disappointments in my book. I don't if anyone else feels the same as I do, but........
  • So my, uh... friend (yeah they'll buy that!) has never Mega'd any Mans. Which Mans should one Mega, and in what order? I assume start with 2, but beyond that I have no idea.
  • 2 and then 3. Then back to 1 for a punishing experience.