This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

iPod battery problem

edited July 2008 in Technology
Hi Guys, I think it is probably just a faulty battery but I bought a refurbished iPod and left it to charge all night. When I got up, many hours later, it said it was still charging and when I disconnected it from the wall charger it just won't turn on.
It also tells me that it needs to charge before I can plug it into my PC (so I'm using the wall charger instead.).

Is it a faulty battery or something I just overlooked?

Comments

• Who did you buy it from? This is why I don't buy refurbished stuff.
  • edited July 2008
    I used to work at a place that sold gadgets second hand so I'm used to this kind of thing. The iPod was physically brand new (notable as having no scratching on the back) but it just seems to be an issue with the battery. I just need to make sure there is no other reason so I have exhausted everything before sending it back.

I'm currently charging it using my sister's cable to charge it to make sure it wasn't a faulty cable I got with it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Tried to reset your iPod via iTunes?
  • The iPod was physically brand new (notable as having no scratching on the back)
    That doesn't have to mean anything. There are slip on rubber protection coats sold for the iPod which prevent scratches among other tings.

I had such a problem when I bought my iPod. It was brand new and I charged it on my laptop and but even after more than sufficient time, when I tried to disconnect it via iTunes, the iPod itself said not to. When I just yanked it out it didn't do anything. I reset it via iTunes and it worked perfectly normal afterwards.
  • I've filled out the form to get a box to replace it and will probably get that tomorrow. While I was going through the warranty entry it said it was valid until 21st March 2009 which means this one hasn't had a lot of use out of it.
  • When I got my Zune last year on black Friday I a had a similar problem. I must have done something wrong when I was charging it because when I unplugged it, it still said it was charging and I couldn't turn it off. All I had to do to fix it was to reset it by pressing and holding a couple of buttons. Is there anything like that on the Ipod?
  • If it's an iPod model with a platter drive, stick it to an energized high intensity electromagnet. Fixes everything.
  • @NRB: That's just a software freeze, what I have is probably a faulty battery circuit.