This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

TR2N!

Comments

• I like Tron, and that trailer was pretty cool, but I'm sick of fucking sequels and adaptations. Tron 1 was original when they made it. Why do you have to make Tron 2? Can't you come up with something fresh that is as awesome as Tron? They did it in 1982, why can't we do it now?

Maybe this is part of why I've retreated to the realm of comics. It's one of the few mediums that still spawns mostly original works.
  • I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm totally stoked about another TRON movie. On the other, The TRON game sucked pretty hard, so I'm worried they might screw it up.

It also worries me that most of the movies nowadays are based of off existing franchises which is where I agree with Scott. Where is the creativity in Hollywoods massive fleet of writers?
  • I'm stoked about "TR2N"! Whilst, yeah, some more original stuff would be great I don't mind revisiting old movies or seeing squeals as long as they're, ya' know, good.
  • They also made a WarGames direct-to-DVD sequel. It's OK, but only if you REALLY liked the original. Maybe worth a Netflix (or a torrent, if that's how you roll), but not worth full price.