This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What is this link?

edited July 2008 in Everything Else
I use this add-on in Firefox called HttpFox to help download movies off internet by watching that link to source of whats playing. Today while I was getting ready to download it, this stuff randomly shows up on the scanner thing pops up . My Dad always is trying to limit me on stuff and I always get around whatever he tries. I was wondering if this was another paranoid thing he tried.
The /safebrowsing/ is what is kinda scaring me, cause I sometimes look at "questionable" stuff.

So I was just wondering do any of you know what it is and what it does?

Comments

• You must be doing some pretty bad stuff to be so paranoid. Whatever it is, cut it out sicko.

However, I can say you definitely don't have to worry about that safebrowsing stuff. That is just Firefox asking Google if the web site you are visiting is safe. You know, it is checking to make sure it isn't a malware or phishing site.
    edited July 2008
    s.ytimg.com. That's one of the Youtube related servers from what I've seen. Which are owned by Google, which Firefox uses to find out if a site is a phishing site or not. Firefox is just requesting if the site you are on is real or not, nothing to worry about.

EDIT: What Scott said.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited July 2008
    You must be doing some pretty bad stuff to be so paranoid. Whatever it is, cut it out sicko.

However, I can say you definitely don't have to worry about that safebrowsing stuff. That is just Firefox asking Google if the web site you are visiting is safe. You know, it is checking to make sure it isn't a malware or phishing site.
    AHHhh nothing like that!!!! It's my Dad!!! He is really strict and likes to limits on everything, and likes doesn't like me looking at anything, the worst thing I looked at was that video saying why every guy should own a Wii or something like that! That is like questionable I mean. My Dad would get angry and I would get grounded forevar. I don't go on any nasty sites!
    Post edited by Skyshiro on
  • Ccleaner is your friend
  • As is the Stealther Firefox extension.
  • Or a copy of Portable Firefox that you run off a thumb drive.
  • As is theStealtherFirefox extension.
    Oh that's cool.
  • edited July 2008
    Ccleaner is your friend
    I have it automatically run when I log on. I love it.
    Post edited by Skyshiro on