This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sweet, non-cliche things to do for a partner.

edited August 2008 in Everything Else
Please share things you've done (or ideas you have) for a romantic partner, that are actually interesting, and not just chocolates and flowers and the like. For example, once I made a series of puzzles (word jumbles, secret codes, etc.) for my girlfriend, each one leading her to the next one. At the end there was chocolate, but still. Also, I once made a text adventure for her. Full disclosure: I'm trying to harness the forum's collective power. I want to do more stuff, but I'm running out of good ideas.

Comments

• I once wrote a song for an ex. It was a very otaple song too. ^^
  • My boyfriend and I draw pictures for each other on special occasions. I'd MUCH rather receive a piece of art from him than chocolate or flowers.
  • The old standard of making a CD mix of songs for them is still a good idea. My girlfriend still has the one I made for her, and she says she likes it a lot. I think that anything you do can be special as long as you present it in the right way.
  • Make a complete fool out of yourself preferably in public, make her laugh about it.
  • I once seen an AMV that was made for a couples anniversary. It was cool. Hey, why not make a short comic about her!
  • I rode up to her work on an Irish Draught horse, And in a full suit of Armor (borrowed from a friend who is a tournament jouster) to pick her up to go home.