This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guin Saga to Become an Anime

edited August 2008 in Anime
Check it out: there will finally be an animated version of the Guin Saga, starting on TV next spring. I still have yet to read the novels or the manga, but hearing about it through the contest GeekNights held a little while ago certainly got me interested in getting into them one of these days.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-06/guin-saga-novels-to-be-animated-for-tv-next-spring

Comments

• This is a very good thing. Since there are so many volumes of the books, it is very overwhelming to think about reading them all. The anime should be a nice substitute.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2008
    This is a very good thing. Since there are so many volumes of the books, it is very overwhelming to think about reading them all. The anime should be a nice substitute.
    That may be true, but as with most adaptions of books to movies (manga is definately no exception), there is the possibility of it going wrong. It depends on what company is producing this anime, and their skill of professionalism. One other thing; if they can make the Guin Saga an anime, why can't they make anime out of Tezuka's stuff? My guess is that they'd probably wanna respect Tezuka by not making an anime out of it due to the fact that they would probably want to consult with Tezuka himself for guidance.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • why can't they make anime out of Tezuka's stuff? My guess is that they'd probably wanna respect Tezuka by not making an anime out of it due to the fact that they would probably want to consult with Tezuka himself for guidance.
    They've made plenty of anime out of Tezuka's stuff. What are you talking about?
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2008
    why can't they make anime out of Tezuka's stuff? My guess is that they'd probably wanna respect Tezuka by not making an anime out of it due to the fact that they would probably want to consult with Tezuka himself for guidance.
    They've made plenty of anime out of Tezuka's stuff. What are you talking about?
    I meant the more serious stuff like Apollo's Song, MW, etc. I do however want to see the Phoenix anime, is it any good or is it not worth my time?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I meant the more serious stuff like Apollo's Song, MW, etc. I do however want to see the Phoenix anime, is it any good or is it not worth my time?
    It's great. Buy it on DVD today.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2008
    I meant the more serious stuff like Apollo's Song, MW, etc. I do however want to see the Phoenix anime, is it any good or is it not worth my time?
    It's great. Buy it on DVD today.
    Actually I'm quite poor as of late due to the fact that I used just about all of my money at Connecticon (I just got my job four weeks before day two of connecticon which is the only day I went). I'll probably be getting my paycheck on Friday, so I'll buy the Phoenix anime then.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • They're making a live-action version of MW, last I heard. Based on what I've heard of MW, I think I'd personally be more interested in a live-action version of the story rather than an anime. I still need to go out and actually buy the manga when I have money to spare on it.
  • They're making a live-action version of MW, last I heard. Based on what I've heard of MW, I think I'd personally be more interested in a live-action version of the story rather than an anime. I still need to go out and actually buy the manga when I have money to spare on it.
    Um source please?
  • edited August 2008
    Thanks, Ro. I had a similar response in mind. XD

I had read the announcement on the Anime News Network, if you really want to get specific. Their sources were CinemaToday.jp and animanime.jp.

Reminds me that I still need to buy volume 3 of the Phoenix anime. My brother wants to watch it with me, but insists that we need the whole series before we start. We're both pretty sure that we'll really like it, so he doesn't want us to get to the end of volume 2 and then be left chomping at the bit for the last one.

Anyway, I agree with Scott. There's no way I'd have time to read a 122 volume series of novels; maybe a few of them, but definitely not enough to even make a dent in the amount of material out there. An anime version should be much more convenient, depending on how much they plan to cover with it.
    Post edited by Eryn on